Life or Death For a ghoul

^4th ward^
-3rd pov-
10:25 am

'Damn this baka..' Yoshika thought as he begins to lose conscious as No face continues to strangle him. It wasn't long until, Yoshika fell unconscious and No Face had stopped gripping Yoshika's neck and grabs his bleeding hand, lifting his mask from his face and took a bite from his arm. When his teeth had broke through his flesh, Yoshika screamed but only to have his mouth covered by No Face's hand. Tears had formed, sliding down his cheek before he lost conscious and body went limp once again.

After tasting Yoshika's flesh, No Face pulled away, his eyes wide as he looked at Yoshika's unconscious form he held up in his hand. Blood trailing from his mouth and gently placed Yoshika on the ground. Questions ran throughout his mind on what he just tasted. His underling looking concerned for him.

Sirens were heard from the distance along with someone yelling 'Yuuma-kun'. That snapped the the sadist leader from his thoughts, fixing his mask. Both No Face and his accomplish fled the scene leaving the investigator injured on the ground.

Yoshika's friend, Izami Kanda soon arrived with more investigators. Medics soon arrived taking Yoshika away from the scene. From a distance on top of a roof, a figure watched as Yoshika was taken away. The figure pulled out a phone and dialed someone.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
"...Speak..."

"Seems No Face had figured it out.. What do you what me to do, sir?"

"Nothing for now.... But keep an eye on that investigator and No Face for me."

"Yes, sir."
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
The called ended and the figure soon left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

^20th Ward^
-Isami's pov-
6:35 pm

Finding Yuuma-kun injured wasn't a pretty sight. He was rushed to the hospital, but only suffered a broken arm and a mild concussion. I sat in his room, he was breathing stead but no one else had visited him after the incident. Shinohara-san was in the 7th ward, no where close to the 20th ward. Arima-san, no where to be found but its normal for him.

I was told that when Yuuma-kun becomes a first rank investigator, I will be officially his partner. ' I wonder if the ghoul, No Face did this.'

'Remembering when I was told that seems such a long time. Now a days, surviving ghoul attacks is the only thing a ghoul investigator thinks about.' I gazed at the window behind me as I continue to think. 'Is this how ghouls live in fear of dying of hunger or being found out and reported to the CCG. If Yuuma, knows this kind of stuff he's really good on finding his frustration and sadness from everyone.'

I was soon knocked out of my thought when I heard Yuuma sitting up, as he rubbed his head.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Dizzy and nauseous." He said in his bored tone.

"Still your boring uninterested self." I chuckled.

"So how was your side of things. When we splitted up?" He asked.

"A ghoul tried to attack me but he wasn't with No Face's gang just a under rank ghoul. After that I was ambushed by ghouls that did in fact worked with him. I killed three of them but two got away."

He smiled after hearing that. Which is sort of rare for him to do when it comes to work. He soon ask me. "How long was I out?"

"At least six hours. The doctor said that tomorrow you can be released once you have woken up." After I said that, he seemed to have gotten lost in his mind as he looked at the window. 'Typical.'