Chapter 2

Sam's POV

Chris and I walked into the forest surrounding our backyard and searched around.
We went pretty far out and got distracted by messing with each other.
"Chris, try to keep an eye out for if we trespass into a packs territory cause if we got caught we would be dead"
"Ok, and I think we just passed a territory boundary."
"Shit! Let's get out before they-" I was cut off by a loud growl.
We slowly turned around and we're face to face with a huge, auburn colored wolf. It was, no doubt, a beta.
The beta shifted. "Who are you?!" He questioned, "why are you here?!"
"We didn't realize we were trespassing until now. We will leave your territory now, no harm done" I said nice and slow, hoping not to aggravate the beta more.
"You're not just getting off the hook like that-"
"Shit!" I cut him off
"Watch your mouth, lady!" He warned me. "As I was saying until I was rudely interrupted" he said, glaring at me, "was that you are coming with me whether you like it or not"
"Bitch please, I ain't goin' with you" I sassed him.
The beta grabbed me and Chris by the arms and dragged us to his pack house, all the while, Chris saying how I should've just shut my mouth with the beta agreeing with him.
As soon as we got to the pack house, we were forced into cells. Well, they had to force me, Chris just walked in.
"The alpha will be here in a few days to question you, he's on a trip with his son, the soon to be alpha, and his mate. Until then, you will be locked up here" the beta stated. "By the way, my name is Jerry in case you need anything."
And with that, Jerry left me and Chris alone in the cells.
"Hey Chris" I said from across the hallway to Chris.
"What?"
"Why are you a dumbass?" I asked him with a sweet, little smile on my face.
He scowled at me and asked, "why are you a bitch?"
"Touché" I responded, then went quiet for a while, staring at the ceiling.