Chapter 26

Sam's POV

"Okay, I promise," I tell Evelyn.

"Thank god." She now has a relieved expression. "You go, I'll make up an excuse as to why you had to leave."

"Okay, good luck," I tell her. I quietly separate from the group and head back to the pack house.

"We'll both need the luck." I heard Evelyn whisper.

Evelyn's POV
I jog up to where Sam's parents are and make up a lie as to why Sam had to leave.
"Hey," I start.

"What's up? Where'd Sam go? I don't see her," Sam's mom says.

"Something went wrong at the pack house, so she had to go back. She said for us to continue on and that she'd find us later," I say.

"Okay. Did she tell you what's wrong?" She asks.

"No, she just sort of rushed off. Let's just let her be for a while."

"Did you tell her the plan?" Sam's mom whispers to Sam's dad.

"No, of course not!" He whispers back. "Did you?"

"No! If I did, we would be dead by now."

Sam's mom turns back to me now. "I'll go tell the others what happened," I say and walk away.

I quickly mention what's going on and take my place in the back once again.

Sam's POV
I quickly make it home and start packing a backpack of my basic things, all while telling Jace what's going on. I tell him what Evelyn told me and tell him that I left Evelyn to come up with a lie.
Me and Jace decide that it would be best for me to go stay with a neighboring pack.
Jace calls a pack near ours named Moonlit Flames. They say I can stay as long as I need and Immediately me and Jace head out onto the road.
It will be a 3 hour trip, but it's worth it to keep the world safe from my deranged parents.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry it takes so long for me to write, and I would make a promise to update soon again but we all know that it's probably not gonna happen. 😬 thanks for all the reads & votes! And thanks so sticking with me through this story-even though I barely update anymore-and I hope you guys still enjoy that story plot. And if you don't enjoy the story plot, then please tell me what you don't like and what you think I should change or make happen.
With much love and appreciation for your patience, see ya in the next chapter!
❤️💛💚💙💜🖤