Chapter 28

Sam's POV

Upon entering my room, I see a girl cleaning it.
"Whatcha doing?" I ask her.
"Um..I'm cleaning?" She mumbles.
"Why?"
"I-I was told to clean in here."
"Oh. So what's your name?" I question.
"Thea,"the girl mumbles, looking down.
"That's a neat name. I'm Sam," I say, reaching my hand out for her to shake. She noticeably flinches when I move.
She takes a moment before shaking my hand. "H-Hi Sam."
"Don't be nervous. And why'd you flinch? I'm not gonna hurt you."
"N-no reason," Thea trails off.
"Okay...You sure?"
A tear rolls down her cheek and she tries to wipe it away before I notice. "Sorry. I'll go now,"
"Wait-" I grab onto her wrist. "What's wrong?"
I bring her over to the bed and we sit down on the edge.
"Why are you being nice to me?" She quietly asks.
"Why not? You did nothing wrong so why wouldn't I be nice to you?"
"I don't know...it's just how I'm treated here." She realizes what she said and tries to get up and leave.
"Don't go. How are you being treated bad here?" I inquire.
"I'm bullied by the others," Thea murmurs.
"Is that so? By who?"
Thea just shakes her head. "I've said too much. I gotta go."
With that, she rushes out of the room, into another room of the house.
"Well, that was something," I mutter. "If I ever see anyone hurt her, I will kill them," I promise.
I hang out in my room for a while, trying to make sense of what happened.

*Time Skip*
At dinner, I see Thea again. She just stands in the corner, invisible to everyone else.
Jace, who is sitting beside me, nudges me. "Why aren't you eating?" He asks.
"I don't know. Just distracted, I guess."
I take one last glance at Thea before turning toward Jace.
"What's distracting you?"
"I'll tell you later," I say, eating dinner,

*time skip*
After dinner, Jace and I sit in my room. I relay what occurred with Thea and what she said.
"Huh. I wonder what happened to her," Jace trails off.
"Same. I'm gonna try to figure it out, and maybe ask the Alpha and Luna about her."
"Yeah," Jace agrees.

We hang out in the room for a while, chatting many hours after sundown. "We should go to bed," Jace mentions. "It's getting late."
"Yep," I say, leaning back onto the bed and closing my eyes.
"Good night," Jace says, planting a kiss on my forehead.
"Good night," I murmur, quickly falling into a deep sleep.

________
I finally updated after much demand. Glad you guys like the story so much and want me to continue it!
And 40K reads?! Holy crap!
Thanks for all the support and I'm sorry for all the late updates even after I promised I would get an update out "soon."
I know it was a short chapter, but ya know. I can't make all the chapters long.
Anyways, thanks for all the reads and support, and I hope to see you in the next chapter!