Chapter IV.i

"Where is this place?" Merida asked Jacob as soon as they arrived at the place.

"It's a secret," he replied and went all around to open her door.

Merida was overwhelmed as soon as the cold wind blew on her face. Her eyes widened and locked on the waves crashing on the shoreline. She slowly went out of the car. She suddenly froze when Jacob was on his knees in front of her.

"What are you doing!?" She asked abruptly. She thinks he's going to propose!

"Come on, let's take off your shoes. It will bury in the sand," Jacob replied, smiling at her.

She blushed at how embarrassing her thoughts were. I got to chill, Merida thought.

As soon as their shoes were off they walk their way near the water. Merida was getting cold but it's not likely of her to complain and tell. They both sat down on the sand under the night sky.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Jacob asked her, while they stare at the ocean and the night sky full of stars.

"Yeah it is so beautiful," she agreed with him. Then she rubbed her shoulders as the cold started to creep onto her. Failed at keeping it cool.

Jacob saw that and wanted to give her a jacket but sadly he wasn't wearing one so he decided to just back hug her.

"What are—"

"Hush and just let me keep you warm," Jacob cut her off. He feels comfortable hugging her.

The warmth of his words run all over Merida and it made the chills go away. Now she can't and doesn't even want to make a single move. She feels his breathing on her neck and it immobilizes her.

Silence occupied the air for moments. It wasn't a bad awkward situation. It's more like they're talking and enjoying each other through a hug and a quiet night.

"Do you mean this though?" Merida asked all a sudden. She feels bothered once again by her thoughts of him just playing with her.

Jacob tighten his embrace and replied, "Why would I want to waste time on us if I didn't plan this to last?"

Merida moved a little to face Jacob. Bravely looking at his hazel gorgeous eyes. His eyes weren't as calming as the boy she once knew but still, it managed to relax her somehow. Their eyes were twinkling under the stars.

It was the time that she has to ask him something. It might be embarrassing but she wants to know how he'll respond and what he truly thinks.

"Do you find me beautiful... even just a little?"

There it went...

Their eyes just locked for seconds until she looked down and faced the ocean again. What was she thinking? She frustratingly asked herself. She's so embarrassing! He didn't even respond. Now, she just wants to cry...

Jacob wanted to give her an answer right away but he also wants to say his answer in the nicest way possible. In a romantic way where she'd feel like he meant it.

"So your full name is Merida Love Hollyn?" He asked her instead of answering.

Merida nodded. "Yeah, I just hate Love..."

She knew it. Jacob never really finds her beautiful. He would rather stay quiet than hurt her... Her tears were forming already.

"Love is Beautiful ..." he started that made her move brusquely, looking at him with wonder in her glossy eyes. Jacob wasn't looking at her, he was looking up at the stars.

"Merida is Beautiful." He then stopped gazing at the night sky to stare down at her teary eyes with a smile.

"You are beautiful."