Chapter Eight (part two)

Leo searched all around and inside open rooms while screaming Merida's name. He was breathing heavily as he runs all over the place. He needs to hurry because it's almost nine. Where could they possibly hide Merida?

He froze when he remembered the gym. He's so stupid! He thought and ran.

It was so dark and quiet. He went inside from the back door and turned on the lights. No miss ugly was there.

He was about to really give up but he tried calling first. Then he heard a cellphone rang. He searched for where it was and it seemed like it's coming from the shower area. He ended the call right away.

"Merida?"

"I'm here! Please! Help me!" Leo heard her cry.

He ran his way there and saw her all tied up and soaked. "Ish! Those bitches!" He grunts as he took off her blindfold.

"Leo..."

"Yeah, how'd you end up here?" He untied her and the rope left prints on her wrist and ankle.

At first, Merida thought it would be Jacob who'll save her. It turns out it was the same person who saved her earlier. She was too scared that she out of nowhere hugged Leo. She cried in his chest unable to say a word.

Leo was a little hesitant to hug her but he did anyway. It would be rude of him to push someone who's scared as Merida away. This is bad, he thought.

When Merida calmed down, she moved away from Leo. "I'm sorry. I was really scared, I thought I'd be spending the night here."

Leo took off his hoodie, leaving his undershirt on, and gave it to Merida. "Go change on one of those cubicles. Hurry up or we'll get locked in school."

Merida doesn't have the energy to argue, so she did what he said.

They walked outside and Merida was still and quiet. Even on the ride to her house, they were still not talking. Each one of them busy with their thoughts.

"I'll return the hoodie after I wash it. I'm sorry your car seat got wet," Merida apologized.

"No worries. I'll call you." Leo said and smiled at her.

Merida flashed a sad smile and went inside her house lifelessly. Leo, on the other hand, thought her house seemed quiet.

•••

As soon as Merida was inside her room she broke down and cry. She was stupid to believe Jacob found her beautiful. She was stupid to assume that she's beautiful. So this is how it feels when a guy betrays a girl who believed in his words.

"I'm so stupid," she mumbles and sobs.

Jacob is famous and a handsome guy, he's also talented. Look at her! She's nothing good.

Why on earth would he suddenly turn his pace on me after all those years being in the same classes? It should be because he wanted me to participate in his twisted game. I was too naive, showing him how easy I can open up.

Merida wiped her tears away. It's time to do some deleting and distancing. Delete the memories of Jacob and his lies, distance herself from the deceiver. Jacob is now a beautiful stranger that did her wrong.

She washed herself up and put on her pyjamas. Her eyes felt heavy and it might puff tomorrow, then she'll be looking like a real goldfish. How sad. Her mom wasn't even home to comfort her. Beth is a doctor, which makes their house more lonely most of the time.

"Merida, please stop. It's time you stop," she mumbled.

Moments later she closed her eyes and about to fall asleep with tears still falling when her phone rang. She sighed in annoyance. She reached for her phone on the side table and looked at the screen. It was Jacob who called her. Now she's indecisive on choosing between answering or not. Wouldn't it be nice if they end in good terms?

She slides to answer.

"Love, are you okay now?" She heard him ask with a happy tone. Maybe he had enjoyed his night with the girl he was with, she thought.

"Oh yeah. I'm perfectly okay." Merida can't help but be cold.

"You don't sound okay," Jacob noticed, worried about her. "Are you upset with me? What's wrong?"

She covered her mouth so no noise will escape her. She breathes in and out softly. "Befriending you was wrong."

Silence occupied them for mere seconds.

"Wha–what? I don't understand you! Did I do something wrong? Tell me!" His voice rising.

"Don't bother me anymore." Merida then hung up. She turned her phone off and cries again. She hugged her pillow tight while she continues to sob.

•••

Jacob tried calling Merida again but it only beeps. "Fudge!" He swore and throw his phone.

He's upset and frustrated now. Why was Merida back to the starting point? Why the hell was she back with the snobbish her?

They were fine earlier. Lisa had approached him and told him they'll go and tell Merida to come with them. Jacob trusted Lisa because Merida said they were friends. And then they told him she had a headache now all of a sudden Merida is mad at him? He can't end the night like this.

Jacob blasts out of his room and head straight to the door.

"Where are you going? Isn't it late?" Jeremy asked him.

"I'll be back. I need to see Merida."

"Wait isn't that the girl you called—"

"She's my girlfriend."

Jeremy was left with a big "oh". His little brother is confusing. He called this girl ugly and now— wait, his girlfriend?