Chapter 24 : Part Five

After Leo was sure that Merida was okay, he went home. He heavily sighed. To be very honest, he doesn't like the role he is playing. It was obvious that Merida didn't love him. It's just his heart can't say no to her, even though he knows Merida loves Jacob. They're all hurting and it hurts him the most because, in the end, it isn't his choice.

At a vacant lot, Leo saw Jacob waiting for him. He stopped walking when he was in front of him. "What's up?" He asked.

"I'm not stopping," Jacob grunts, looking straight at Leo, clenching his fist. "I'm taking her back."

"I don't care. If you can take her away, then take her away. I am not stopping you," Leo answered. He wasn't in a bit interested.

"Then why are you sticking with her?" Jacob demanded, his angry eyes darted at Leo. "If you don't care might as well tell her off!"

Leo heavily sighed. "Don't you get it? It's her choice to make." He took a deep breath and continues, "I told you I like her, maybe love her too. But if she loves you then she loves you. Right now? I'm the one she's choosing. Figure out a way to turn it around. If you can't do that before her feelings for you fade away then I must say, you lost her."

Jacob crinkled his nose, glowering at his greatest rival. "Why did you even try to like her?"

Leo plastered a cute smile on his face which Jacob finds annoying. "Well, I didn't try. It just happened when I'm not even aware of." Then Leo's face became serious. "What about you? How come you love her?"

"As you said, it just happened. Her tears made me realized that. I wanted to keep saving her but I ended up hurting her..." Jacob then looks the other way.

They let silence occupied the air for moments until Leo decided. "I'm going to give you a chance. Prove to her that you're worthy enough for her. Steal her away as if she's a diamond worth your whole life."

With that heard, Jacob frowned. "What are you really trying to do?"

"I'm letting you choose," he muttered, walking away from Jacob. There was no point in explaining more things. Leo chuckled ironically at himself. He's letting them choose but he isn't letting himself choose. Where was his place?