19

*unedited*

My name was being yelled from downstairs multiply times by my grandma, of course I answered but I don't think she heard so I had to get up from around my computer desk and see what she needs.

"I answered like a million times," I exclaimed as I got in the kitchen where she was having a cup of coffee and reading a vouge magazine. Isn't she too old for that? If she knows I called her old I'd be dead.

"Sorry love I didn't hear you respond," of course she wouldn't. I've learnt that when she's reading a vouge magazine she's no longer aware of what people are saying to her.

"So what do you need?" I urged her to speak.

"Oh your mom wants us to go out for dinner sometime," she smiles.

"No way I'm not going," That's the last thing I want to do with her.

"Why not it would be great you guys can spend some time together and talk," Is she serious? My mother and I never really got along or spend time together. She was always too busy bragging to her friends about the "perfect" daughter she had.

"I'm not going," that was my finally answer. Gran sat back around the table letting out a sigh. "Okay if you say so but I'll still give you time to make up your mind," she sounds a bit sad. She's been trying to get me and mom to talk like a normal mother and daughter conversation. I wish I could talk to my mother, but every time I try the only thing that comes up in my mind is to ask why she treated the way she did.

I've always thought of myself as weak when it comes to asking her, I didn't have the courage to do it.

I went back up to my room feeling a bit depressed, I took up my phone and sat on my bed just I in time my phone rang, I looked at the caller I.D it was Ed a smile appears on my face.

"Hey," I answered

"Hey Iyona," I hear his voice. "I have the day off I was wondering if you'd like to hang out?"

"Sure I'd love to," who wouldn't say yes to hang out with him? Besides I have nothing better to do.

"Okay, Ill pick you up at 2 of that's alright with you?"

"Sure Ill text you my address."

"Great see you soon bye."

"Bye," I hang of the phone. I jumper off the bed down a happy dance but quickly stopped when my door opened reveling gran.

"Why are you so happy?" She came in followed by TT who quickly jumped on my bed making her self comfortable.

"Ed is coming to pick me up," I smiled widely. I walked over to my closet searching for something to wear. I didn't know where we were hanging out so ill just wear something simply. I took out black jeans and a white tank top I matched it with my black vans.

"I want to meet meet him you know," gran spoke. Its better to let her meet him than my mother. I remember when I was back home when ever I showed her pictures of Ed she complained about how he had too many tattoos and he needed a tan because he was too pale. To me and other Sheerios he was perfect.

Gran never said anything bad about him I loved her even more for that. She told me once I would meet him I would always tell her to stop giving me false hope.

"You should arrange something then," I told her. I checked my phone for the time it was 1:15pm. I had enough time to get a quick shower and get dress before he gets here.

"What should I arrange?"

"I don't know dinner maybe," I suggest. She nods.

"Ill leave you to get dressed," she left closing the door.