Chapter 2

I pick up my pace, trying to wake myself up more and more as I run. I pass by people walking their dogs and others on bikes or skateboards. I decide to cut through the park so I don't have to wait for cars to pass before crossing streets. That's right, I wait for cars to pass. Just because I do what I want doesn't mean I do something stupid. Well... usually.

     I stick to the paths in the park and take one that winds around the lake. I look around and see young kids playing tag and chasing after each other.

     Owners throwing balls at their dogs to catch. Teenagers screwing around on the playground, jumping from platforms and climbing the trees nearby.

     A family having a nice picnic lunch together. Wow, doesn't that look nice. A family. A happy, smiling and loving family. Something I've longed for since the 4th grade.

     I stop and sit on a park bench, watching the family. No, not like that, I'm not creepy. I'm just observing them. Seeing what family could have looked like for me.

     A mother who would prepare simple sandwiches for lunch with some assorted fruits and vegetables. Separate little bottles of juice and water to satisfy the kids and the adults.

     The children, laughing and teasing each other. Having a nice sibling relationship. Stealing a few carrots here and some strawberries there off the other's paper plate.

     A father who sat next to his wife, adoring her the way he should. Holding her hand while taking a bite of the sandwich she had made for him. A father treating his family right.

     Too much to ask for I guess. It was as if a cute family friendly comedy movie was being filmed right in front of me. I might just be sleeping.

     It's as if this was all some dream.

     I sat on the bench for a few minutes longer, this time looking up at the sky for nothing in particular. Debating whether or not I should go home, I got up anyway and continued my run.

     I was now past the lake and only a few blocks away from my house. I cut through the grass to get on the side of the street. Following it for a few more minutes past the other houses, I come up to the beige colored house I call home.

     I open the door, still unlocked from last night, and walk inside. I turned around and subconsciously locked the door. I slipped my shoes off and left them under the sitting bench.

     I turn on the lights on my way to the kitchen. I open a drawer to look for some Advil for my headache.

     I down 2 pills with some water. This should take effect in about 30 minutes. Hopefully sooner, this is getting to be more annoying than painful.

     The house was quiet as usual. At first it was very uneasy. Like there had to be some type of noise or else the place was unsettling.

For a while silence would give me anxiety, I couldn't handle the lack of sound. Now it just seems as if the quietness was fitting.

     I flopped down on the couch and scrolled through my phone, particularly Instagram. Looking at my feed I saw various pictures from last night's party.

     Damn, this Alex girl sure knows how to throw a party. I barely remember any specifics, but I know I definitely enjoyed myself.

     I apparently posted a picture of me locking lips with the girl I had fun with last night. I don't even remember her name. That's a bad thing, right?

     I was tagged in a few photos from some of my friends so I decided to look at them. Most of them consisted of me with a cup of beer.

     A few of me dancing with people, a few with me shirtless. I still really want to find my shirt. It was my favorite and most expensive muscle shirt.

     I don't know why no one reports these types of parties to the school so they can bust everyone. Well, I know why, they don't want to go through the time and trouble.

     I scrolled a bit more and found Sydney's boyfriend, Dom's video of him and I doing vape tricks while standing on the kitchen island.

     I quickly checked my pocket to make sure my ecig was still there. Luckily it was in a lower pocket of my camouflage cargo pants.

     I studied it for a bit, turning it on and making sure it wasn't damaged. I adjusted the watts and set it to 20. This should help with my headache.

     I pressed the button, making the dragon fruit flavored vapor rush into my mouth. This is by far my favorite juice I've had in here.

     Taking a few more hits, I remember that I need to charge up my cig. I start up the stairs to my bedroom.

     Walking in, I go to my dresser where my other ecig is sitting on top of. I unplug it and replace it with my storm trooper.

     Get it, it's because it's white and I like Star Wars. Yes, I've named them. No that's not weird. The other one is Venom by the way. As you probably guessed, that one's black.

    I walk over to my bed so I can dramatically fall backwards onto it. I know you do it too.

     I take my phone and connect it to my charger that's right next to my bed. I place my phone on the nightstand and look up at my ceiling.

     The gray walls and navy blue accents in the room start to relax me. A little nap couldn't hurt, right?

A/N
Took a little longer than I wanted to. I meant to update it but going through a last revision I decided I needed to change parts of it.