Chapter 5

I turn the car off and get out, Alex doing the same. We both walk to the back and get our bags. I see Kelley sprinting over to me in the corner of my eye.

     I quickly put down my bag before she jumps into my arms. I catch her and hold her there, making sure I don't fall backwards.

     "Where were you after the party!? We couldn't find you anywhere when we were leaving! What happened!?" she was yelling and speaking way too fast for the average person.

     "Woah, slow down Kel, I'm fine. Breathe, breathe. Settle down, did you think I was dead?" I said, setting her down so she wasn't clinging to me.

     "Yes!!! You had me worried sick, I mean Hope told me that you were probably fine but I just don't know with you." she said, still speaking really fast. She's like a child, I swear.

     "Why didn't you call or text me to see if I was okay?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at her. Suddenly she paused and looked at me.

     "Oh. Wow. I don't know. I didn't think about it, I was too busy worrying." she said, sounding serious. I started laughing resulting in her to break and start laughing as well.

     "Well, we should walk to the turf, I need to unlock the gate anyway." I said, picking my bag up again. "Oh yea, by the way, this is Alex, she's new."

     Kelley's eyes grew wide as she looked at her. The poor girl doesn't know what's going to hit her.

     "Oh my god! Hi! My name's Kelley, Kelley O'Hara. The people call me Kel or Kel's or KO or just Kelley is fine." she said, ripping through the sentences. She then ran up to her a gave her a hug, causing Alex to drop her bag.

     From the looks of it, it didn't seem like Kelley was going let go for a while. I grabbed Alex's bag again and started walking up the path to the stadium.

     I got there to see Hope waiting, looking in the distance where Alex and Kelley are.

     "Who's that?" she asked cautiously. I heard a slight bit of jealousy in her tone. I needed to tell her she wouldn't be taking Kel.

     "Don't get your pants in a twist Solo. She's new, and I'm pretty sure Kelley is all yours." I said, stressing the word 'all'.

     She narrowed her eyes in the same direction. She then looked at me and then back to the distance.

     "You brought her here, huh? She hot? Finally got yourself a girl?" she asked, chucking to herself. I rolled my eyes and used the keys coach gave me to open the gate.

     I got it open when Kelley and Alex were walking toward us. I put the keys back in my bag and zipped it back up.

     "Babe, can you get the Gatorade out of the car, it's too heavy for me." Kelley said, pouting her lips at Hope. I laughed at that, earning a punch in the arm from Hope.

     "Jeez, okay, sorry." I said, rubbing my arm a bit to get the throbbing out. Goalie's got some angst.

     "Just for that, maybe you should get it, you are in fact captain." she said, now being the one laughing. I sighed and smiled at her.

     "You're a captain too, you know that right?" I asked, being serious but also a little jokey with her.

     "Yea well, coach likes you more for some reason. Dunno, I don't see it. Can't imagine why. But yea, you're getting it." she said, throwing me her keys and taking Kelley's hand.

     Hope took Alex's bag and left mine there. She turned around and gave me a smirk. What an ass. She's my best friend. But she's an ass.

     "I think I left my cleats in your car, they must have fallen out during the drive." Alex said, with a bit of a frown.

     "No worries, I have to go get the Gatorade anyway." I said, walking back down the path with the blue eyed girl.

     We were halfway to the parking lot when her raspy voice cut through the silence.

     "Thanks for being so nice and giving me a ride. I really appreciate it." she said. "Not a lot of people help out the new kid, you know."

     "Well I mean, looks like you've got Servando helping you out." I said, a bit harsher than I meant.

     "Well yea... it's just... he said he had something going on so he couldn't take me. I'm sure he will another time. He's nice like that." she said smiling to herself.

     Is she serious? Servando? Nice? Those words don't go in a sentence together, let alone a paragraph. Hell, not even an entire essay.

     Unless this guy has changed over the summer, he will be anything but nice. I guess I'll just have to see.

     I unlocked my car and then gave her the keys. I then walked over to Hope's truck and got the 10 gallon Gatorade keg out of the bed. I set it on the ground, closed and locked the hatch and waved Alex over.

     "Take these." I said, handing her the keys. I then picked up the keg and started walking to the stadium again.

     "Wow." came the raspy voice. I looked at her to see her eyes completely wide as she was watching me.

     "What?" I asked, confused about why she was looking at me like that. She shook her head a bit, as if to see if she was seeing correctly.

     "You're so strong." she said, clarifying what she meant. I mean, I guess so. Kind of easy for me, not bragging or anything.

     "So you're a captain, huh?" she asked, sounding a bit amazed. I kind of liked this, her finding things out about me.

     "Yep." I said and smirked to myself as I kept walking to the stadium. When we got inside, I set the keg on the bench and went back out for my bag.

     "Oh sorry, I should have gotten that. I meant to. I just didn't. I don't know why." Alex said as I walked back.

     "It's fine." I said. Too busy checking me out? Funny Heath. That would be too good to be true.

A/N:
Someone else getting some feelings too??? Also a little bit of O'Solo in there. Yes, there will be more :)