Chapter 15

"Tobin? Oh my god I was worried sick! I got back home to see police tape on the property! I asked if you were alright but no one was answering me." came my mother's worried voice.

     I sat down on the bed and looked at the floor. I could hear Alex walking back. I looked up and saw her in the doorway.

     "I'm okay mom. I'm just at a friend's house right now. Where are you?" I asked. She probably has no idea what happened.

     "I'm on my way to the police station, what friend are you with? Is it Hope? Kelley?" my mom asked. I haven't told her anything about Alex yet.

     "Actually no, well, she's just a girl trying out for the varsity team. Her name is Alex." I said back. My mother paused before responding.

     "Is she your new girlfriend Toby?" she said with a bit if excitement in her voice. I physically shook my head no while I responded.

     "No no no, she is not my girlfriend, just a friend." I said quickly. I heard my mom sigh through the phone.

     "Will you be coming down to the station too?" she asked. I know I need to get questioned. Maybe Michael could take me so I could see her.

     "I'll see if I can, Alex's father is actually an officer who was at the scene so I can ask him." I said getting up from the bed. I started to pace around the room

     "I miss you. I'll talk to you later. Love you." she said into the phone. I haven't seen my mother in about a week.

     "I love you too mom. Bye." I said, then hung up. I let out a sigh and stretched my arms out. I took Venom and walked back to where Alex was.

     "Do you think your father could take me to the police station where my mother is?" I asked her. She nodded her head while responding.

     "Probably, yea. I'll go find him." she said she walked down the stairs. I sat at the top and waited for her. It didn't take long until I saw her and her father at the bottom. I walked down to where they are.

     "Alright, I'll drive you. Alex, you're coming along, you're part of this too." he said as he looked at her.

     He opened the front door and started walking to his car outside with Alex and me following behind. We both got in the back seat of the police car.

     It's really uncomfortable back here. It was a 10 minute ride to the station and when we got there, I could tell it was a busy place.

     We walked to the building and we went through to a room where Alex's dad told us to wait. It looked like an interrogation room from cop shows.

     I stayed standing while Alex sat in the chair at the closest end of the table. I was nervous for some reason. I felt the palms of my hands were starting to sweat.

     A guy walked in with a file in his hand. He walked over to the opposite side of Alex and sat down. He cleared his voice and opened the file.

     "You must be Tobin Heath." he said in a low voice. He looked up from the file and stared at me. His eyes went from mine, to my hands and back to my eyes.

     "Why don't you have a seat Tobin." he said in monotone. There wasn't another seat in here. Didn't he know that?

     "Uh... where?" I asked, looking around. He looked at Alex and then back at me. He had a confused look on his face.

     "What are you doing in here?" he asked, looking at Alex. She sat up straighter in her chair.

     "My dad said that you were going to ask us questions about what happened at the scene." she said in a confused voice. He looked at her and then at the file. He shook his head.

     "No, I'm here to interrogate Ms. Heath about the charges put on her." he said again in a low voice. Alex turned around to look at me, then faced back to him.

     "Charges? What charges?" she asked. I also wanted to know what charges.

     "Domestic Violence." he said looking at the file. I could feel anger inside of me.

     "Are you kidding me? He attacked us! What was I supposed to do?" I said raising my voice. He looked back at me.

     "Look kid, there was no one else at the scene but you two and from what Michael put in the file according to what Alex said was that you had swung first? Is this correct?" he said, looking tired. I thought back on the moment. He's right. I did swing first.

     "He instigated it." I said back. This guy had to be joking. This wasn't my fault.

     "Hurting someone's feelings doesn't mean you have to start a fist fight." he said, writing something in his file. This isn't happening right now.

     "We have a more important case to deal with right now, but you're the one who's being found guilty. We can have you speak to someone to make a case tomorrow but for now, you'll be put into custody." he said while standing up. He walked to the door and nodded to someone outside. An officer came in and walked to me.

     "Hands behind your back." he said, pulling off handcuffs from his belt. I shook my head. Are they serious?

     "Tobin, don't resist." came the man who was still in the doorway. I shook my head again and let out a sigh. I slowly out my hands behind me.

     "Turn around." came the officers voice. I turned so my back was facing him. I felt cold metal against my wrists. He tightened one and then the other.

     "No! This is a mistake! You can't do this, she did nothing wrong!" Alex yelled, getting up from the chair and running towards me. She started to pull me away from the officer.

     He pulled her off of me with ease and started pushing her to the door. Another man was there, this time her father. He then took Alex and held her against him. She was struggling to get back to me.

N/A
quick little thanks for people who actually read