Chapter 9

I heard their footsteps stop next to me. I felt a foot tap against my side. I made sure not to react to it. I then felt the foot again, this time harder against my ribs. It continued a few more times and then stopped.

     I kept in a scream and kept my body dead weighted. I could hear Alex scream through the bandana, followed by my father laughing.

     "Weak. At least now you'll know what it's like to be overpowered by a man." he said earning another sob from Alex. "Nothing she can do now. Too bad."

     With that I opened my eyes and swung my leg out, sweeping his feet out from underneath him. I got on my knees and then pounced on top of him.

     I was swinging my fists at him. Each one connecting with his face somewhere. I didn't care, I just wanted him to stop.

     I kept punching until I felt my knuckles start to split open. My right hand being the more dominant one, had the most damage. Blood starting to drip out of my index and middle knuckle.

     I got up off of him and took a few steps backwards. I immediately went back down, unable to keep my balance.

     I closed my eyes due to the pain I felt throughout my body. I suddenly could feel arms wrapped around my torso. I opened my eyes and turned to see Alex.

     She put her head in my neck and held on to me for a minute. Suddenly we heard a cough and we both jolted.

     She lifted me up so I was sitting on the ground with my back leaning into her front.

     My dad started choking for a few seconds, then he stopped. We watched as his body went limp. Alex leaned me against the wall and went over to check his pulse.

     "He's still alive." she said in a quiet voice. I don't know if I like that. It's probably better than me killing him though.

     "Tobin we need to go." she said, her voice shaky and her eyes watering. I could tell she was scared. She's probably never been through anything like this.

     I felt so bad that she had to see this. Had to be apart of this. The last thing I wanted for her was to get hurt.

     "Yea. We do." I said hoarsely, standing up again. I took a step and then leaned against the wall so I wouldn't go back down again.

     I could feel myself getting light headed. Alex came over and put her arm around me. She started to walk slowly and I did the same.

     We stepped over my father and she opened the door for us. We went though and she then slammed the door shut.

     She got me to the car and went to open up the passenger door. Glad that I left the door unlocked. I wouldn't want to go back in there to get the keys.

     I got into the seat and she closed the door. Quickly she walked to the other side and got in. She reached over and put on my seatbelt. Out of everything that happened she wants to make sure nothing happens to me in the car.

     I'm not blaming her for not fighting him. I'm grateful she's doing this to me, I just find it funny. I chuckled but then stopped, feeling the pain in my ribs. I winced and laid my head back against the headrest.

     She put on her seatbelt and started the car. She took off as fast as she could and drove out of the neighborhood.

     I could feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier. My head was pounding really hard. I was about to pass out.

     I bought my head forward a bit and looked at Alex. She has scratches on her arms, probably from struggling. She was covered in some blood. Not sure if it's his or mine.

     She came up to a red light and I saw her relax a bit. Her eyes were alert and glossy.

     She still looked beautiful. Her hair is a mess and she's hot and sweaty. Her eyes are puffy and her posture is tense.

     There's just something about this girl that makes me so infatuated. She's stunning to me. The light turned green and we started moving again.

     Her breathing was starting to slow down the more and more we kept going. I was fighting off losing consciousness with everything I had.

     I wanted to look at his girl as if it was the last thing I was going to look at. I wanted to admire everything about her.

     It wasn't a hard thing to do. I realized that I wanted to be with this girl. She was the the reason I'm in this state.

     I wasn't going to let him get to her. I couldn't live with knowing he'd done something to her. She's just too important to me. Too precious. Too pure.

     We got up to another red light. She looked over to me and saw me staring at her. I gave her a weak smile.

     She smiled back at me slightly. I kept staring. I didn't want to look away.

     "What?" she asked in a light voice. I just smiled. Black spots appearing around my vision again.

     "Tobin?" I heard her say. I felt my eyes roll and my head fell back down to the headrest "Tobin?" I heard again. It sort of echoed in my head. Over and over again I heard my name.

     All I could hear was the raspy voice until suddenly, nothing.

A/N:
The Olympics were devastating but there's definitely next time.