Chapter 28

I fell down and with a smack, and went to the ground. I let out a groan and closed my eyes. Well that was just great, wasn't it? Christen dropped down in the slight cavern I'm in.

"Are you okay?" she asked with concern in her voice. I nodded my head and put my hands on my face, rubbing my temples in the process. I sat up and put my arms on my bent knees.

"How the hell did you do that?" I asked her. She looked at me with the same expression she did before I jumped.

"I told you to look where you shouldn't land." she said simply. As if it was just that easy. Okay.

"I'm going back to the penthouse." I said getting up. I kicked off the rock wall to the other side, catching the ledge with both hands. I pulled myself up and decided to just walk and jump the way back.

I heard the sound of shoes scraping against the rocks, followed by a scream. I turned around to see someone running away. I ran over to where the sound came from. I looked back down into the cavern.

Christen was on the ground, not moving. I looked up to see the person still running. I desperately wanted to chance them down but decided against it.

I dropped down next to Christen. I put my hand on her shoulder and shook her. No response. I looked around her to see blood coming from the back of her head.

"Shit." I said aloud. I looked up and around. The only way out is up, I won't be able to get her out of here easily. I got back up and looked around.

I decided to leave the watch I was wearing on the rock next to where Christen is. I took off running to the car. I know I have jumper cables in there. I got to my car when I heard a voice.

"Heath, what a nice surprise." came Servando's voice. This prick again. I swear.

"Why don't you piss off Servando, I'm not in the mood." I said sharply to him, digging through the back for the cables. I pulled out one and set it on the ground.

"Having car trouble? That's what happens when your parents don't love you and buy you junk like this." he said. I paused and looked at him. He was smiling at me.

"I bought this myself thanks, that's what happens when you're not a child who needs help from mommy and daddy to get things." I said, returning that smile. I turned back and got out the other cable.

I went to pick up the one on the ground but he got a hold of it first. What the hell is his problem. Can he just back off?

"Give it to me." I said simply. This douchebag has given me enough trouble. Sick and tired of his shit.

"Or what, Heath? What are you going to do?" he said, twirling it in his hand. I looked around and saw no one near us. I gave him a blow to the face, causing him to take a few steps back. I took the cable, locked my car and ran. "I will kill you Heath!"

I looked to see him chasing after me. I ran through the playground straight to the rocks. I threw up the cables and started climbing.

"You a rock climber now?" he yelled from below. I looked down and saw him hesitating to climb I got to the top and smirked at him.

It was as if in that very moment, a fire was set within him. He started climbing up after me. I took off towards the patchy parts of the rocks.

I started jumping from each one, Servando was hot on my trail. I stopped at the large gap where Christen is. I turned to see him still coming.

I backed up and closed my eyes, remembering what Christen told me to do. I started sprinting, getting to the ledge and leaping, looking down at the cavern. My feet connected with ground and I lost my footing, falling forward.

"I have you now Heath." Servando said. I turned, still sitting, to see him running towards me. He jumped and I could see concern plastered on his face. He fell right in.

I rushed to the cavern to make sure he didn't land on Christen, thankfully, he didn't. He groaned and looked up at me. He was suddenly afraid.

"Please, help me get out!" he yelled. Is he serious, after he shit he pulled. I realized that I need Christen out, maybe we could help each other here.

"Only if you help me get her out of there." I said, eyeing Christen. He looked over to her and drew his eyebrows in.

"Who's this, your girlfriend?" he asked, laughing. He studied Christen and I shot him a glare. "Damn, don't tell Alex but I'd leave her in a heartbeat to get a chance to get wrapped up with these legs."

"You disrespectful piece of shit. You don't deserve to get out of here." I said, dropping the cables. I went to the ledge to jump in when he stopped me.

"Wait, please, I'll help you, just get me out of here." he said, looking at me desperately. I growled at myself. I need her out.

"Fine. Wrap the cables around her, I need to pull her up." I said, pointing at the jumpers on the ground. He nodded and went right to it. His hand lingered on her abdomen. "Paws off, or do you want to be here for a while?"

"Yikes okay, you could have just told me you were dating and I wouldn't have." he said, putting his hands up in surrender. I glared at him.

"You would have done it anyway, now hurry up. I'm losing patience." I said, he started wrapping them around her faster. When he was done, he handed me the end of the cable.

I started pulling her up, making sure not to have her drag along the wall. I laid her down at the top and took the cables off her. I connected them and threw the end down.

"Climb." was all I said, and he didn't waste a second doing it. He got to the top and stood up.

"I'm not going to thank you." he said, looking down at me while I checked on Christen. "What the hell happened to her anyway?"

"I don't know. I turned around and heard her scream. When I turned back she was unconscious in the cavern and there was someone running away. They probably pushed her." I said, I was getting upset at the thought of someone doing this to her.

"Don't think you're getting away with that punch Heath." he said, breaking my focus on Christen. I stood up and took a step towards him, causing him to run. That's what I thought.

I slung the cables around my body and picked up my watch I put on the rocks. I lifted Christen and carried her bridal style, careful getting across the rocks.

I decided to sit down and slide most of my way off the rocks, best way to make sure I don't let go of her. Servando was long gone.

I got to the car and held Christen with one arm, quickly getting the keys out of my pocket. I moved things to the floor and laid her down in back.

I took the cables and decided to just throw them in the front with me. I got in and buckled myself in. I turned and looked at Christen. She looks very peaceful. She is very beautiful.

I just shook my head and started the car, making sure to take back ways and avoid taking roads that have a higher speed limit so she would be safe.

A/N:
Rip for not updating in a while