Chapter 25

Christen and I were running up the sets of stairs, they were hot on our heels. We opened the door to a floor with file cabinets lined the wall, I tipped some over while we ran.

     The floorboards were creaky, the building got less stable the higher we went up. We ran to the other stairway and kept going up.

     We stopped at the door marked floor five and went inside. Christen was in front of me when the floor gave out, causing us to fall to the fourth floor. She landed on the floor and I clipped a coffee table on the way down.

     She got up and helped me on to my feet, pain in my shoulder blade where I hit the corner. They bursted through the door and sprinted to us. We both ran again to the other stairway.

     "You go up, I go down." she said, climbing over the railing and dropping down level by level instead of taking the stairs. I started sprinting up.

     Two guys were after me while another went down for Christen. I ran all the way up until I reached the roof. I opened the door and then locked it. I started running to the side of the building. I looked back to see the door busted open.

     I needed to make it to the other rooftop. I ran and jumped, not able to stay on my feet, I rolled to keep the momentum going. I had gotten back onto my feet to keep running. I turned to see only one of the two jump over.

     What the hell. I jumped to another building and ran to the roof access door. I flung it open and started going down the stairs. I remembered what Christen did, so I swung over the railing and starting dropping down a level at a time.

     I had so much adrenaline pumping through me. The guy chasing me started doing the same thing. I got to the first floor and opened one of the doors at the bottom. It opened up to a pool and I slowed down. Making sure not to slip on the wet ground.

     The guy chasing me however, didn't slow down, causing them to slip and fall into the pool. I opened a door leading to a fenced in patio. I jumped over the fence and ran down the street to the back of the buildings.

     I reached the factory again and slowed down while going to the loading garage. I went to open the door but it was locked. I guess they forgot?

     I could see the van inside. I had to get in another way. I walked around to the side and saw the perfect place.

     I latched on to a window ledge and pulled myself up. I took my flashlight and started slamming it into the window.

     After a few tries it cracked, one more hit and it shattered. I climbed through and dropped down onto the shards. Thank god I landed on my feet.

     I looked around to find myself back in the first floor of the factory. I saw a guard that was unconscious next to me. I studied him for a bit.

     He wasn't hearing a mask like the people chasing us. We're they a different group? I looked in his pocket and with no luck, I didn't get a key card. Let's hope I don't need one to get in to the garage.

     I made my way to the back and of course I needed one, it was just too easy not to need one. I went back to check the other guard Leo had to take out.

     Leo. He was probably still on the stairs. I know he had a key card. I decided to check there first, Leo was more important. I walked up the stairs to find Leo missing.

     Did they take him? There wasn't a trace of him being here at all. There was no blood, no nothing. They must have taken him right after they shot him.

     He has to be alive right? They would have left him if he was dead. I went over to the other guard now. I started checking his pockets.

     He thankfully had a card in his back pocket. I took it and walked back to the garage. I slid it and unlocked the door. I opened and closed it quickly.

     I ran to the van. It was turned off. I looked through the windows with no luck seeing anyone due to it being tinted.

     I tried opening the door but it was locked. What was going on? I tried again, no luck.

     "Guys?" I said out loud. I knocked on the window as quietly as I could. There was no answer. I turned around and looked at the garage.

     The door opened up and I felt arms wrap around me and pull me inside. I got shoved the the ground of the van. I heard a click and felt a gun put on the back of my head.

     I looked up and saw the masked figures looking down at me. It was dark and I couldn't see too much.

     "Move and we'll blow you bits, understood?" came a males voice. I kept quiet. They man who spoke walked in front of me.

     "What were you doing inside this building?" he asked. I didn't speak. I heard him sigh. "Don't make this harder than it is. One of your people escaped. We shot another. Are there any more of you?"

     I didn't say a word. He sighed again. He stepped closer to me and put his own gun to my forehead. This was it. Goodbye Tobin Powell Heath.

     "What's in the bag. You're going to have to answer me now." he said pressing the barrel against my skin. It was cold compared to my forehead.

     "Nothing." I said. I was telling the truth. He laughed and looked around. He shook his head at me.

     "Do you think we're stupid? Nothing. Bullshit." he said, he nodded to the guy behind me and he pulled it off me. He threw it to the guy in front of me. "Let's check, shall we?"

     He put his gun down and the guy behind me put me in a choke hold so I wouldn't move. He unzipped the bag and looked inside. I could see his eyes widen a bit.

     "Where are the documents." he demanded. I laughed at him this time. He put his gun to my head again. This time I found it funny.

     "I'm not the one who carries the package."

A/N:
I forgot to add this but this is inspired a bit by the movie Tracers