Chapter 19

Back in the cell until the results come back. So much fun. I went to pace back and forth. I suddenly remembered the little ladybug that was in the cell with me.

     I found it still on the wall just crawling around. It looked as if it was pacing as well. I laughed to myself.

     I waited with the small insect until the door opened revealing of course, Mr. Morgan with im guessing my file. He unlocked my cell and I took the bug in my hand and closed my fist, making sure to keep it loose so I wouldn't smash it.

     "You're free to go. We'll get your belongings and you'll be set. Do you have somewhere to go Tobin?" he asked me. I guess I technically do.

     "Yes." I said simply. "I'll probably come and get my car later when I can." I added.

     He nodded and lead me to the front where I could get back what I had. He told the guy a number and be pulled out a bag and handed it to me.

     "Do you know what happened to my mother?" I asked him. He frowned at me and then took me to the side.

     "She took off yesterday after she saw you were being taken into custody. We haven't seen her since." he said quietly. I looked at him in denial.

     "She just... left?" I asked. He slowly nodded in response. I looked down at the floor and nodded back. I started walking towards the door but he stopped me.

     "Tobin." he said making me turn around. "Thank you for saving Alex. But I don't want to see you with her any time soon."

     "Don't worry. The only time you'll see us near each other is at a soccer game. Other then that I don't see us speaking to each other anymore." I said, clenching my jaw. He drew his eyebrows in and then relaxed his expression. He just responded with a nod and then walked away.

     I walked out the door with the bug in one hand and the bag of my belongings in the other. I got outside and felt the slight breeze. I went to the tree outside of the station and placed the bug on the bark.

     "There you go bud. You're free." I said to it. It walked around on the tree for a few seconds and then took off, flying away. Wish I could just fly away. I'd only be doing that in my dreams.

     I looked in the bag and pulled out the contents. My phone, my wallet and my ecig. I sighed while looking at it. I decided to puff on it. I've been through a lot.

     I looked at my phone and checked the time. He guy never told me what time I was supposed to be there. I started making my way to the park.

     When I got there, it looked very empty. I looked around as I walked to the pavilion next to the big rocks. No one was here but me.

     I stood next to one of the picnic tables under the structure. I waited for a few minutes until I heard something to my right.

     I looked at the tall rocks and saw 3 figures on them. They started running down the rocks, jumping down and across them. It looked sick.

     I looked at the first one that came down. It was Ash. The second one was another girl with short brown hair. The last one did a flip while jumping down. They walked over and I saw it was a different guy than I saw before.

     "Glad you could make it Tobin." Ash said with a smirk. I was still in a little awe of what they did. "This is Meghan and Leo, only two out of four others. You already met Dalton, he's the one who got you out, you can thank him later."

     "Are there any more of you?" I asked. She smiled at me and nodded her head. She held up two fingers.

     "There's Christen and of course, you. You're one of us, that's if you can keep up." she said and flashed another smirk. Keep up? She nodded at the two and then they took off.

     "Don't get kicked out on the first day Tober!" she yelled back at me. Really. Tober? I sighed and started running.

     Did she not remember the fact that I have bruised ribs? They looked back and then picked up their pace. I started sprinting after them.

     In a few blocks I had caught up to Leo who was behind Meghan. He looked at me and gave me a thumbs up. He hen pointed in front of us as to say 'keep going'.

     I kept sprinting until I stopped when I saw Ash and Meghan slide over stopped cars at a red light. Some of them honked their horns at them. I saw Leo pass me so I decided that I had to keep running.

     I decided to try sliding onto a car too. I jumped up but they moved slightly forward making me land on their hood. They threw the hands off their wheel and yelled at me.

     "Sorry." is all I could get out before taking off again. I passed Leo again and I was hot on Meghan's trail. She went through an alleyway and started climbing the ladder on the side of the building. I followed as quickly as I could.

     We ran across the rooftop until she jumped down to a wrap around balcony. I dropped down, landing on my feet. I continued chasing her around until she climbed onto the railing and then reached across to the ledge of another building.

     She started making her way to an opening so she could pull herself up. I don't think I could do that. I looked down at the ground below. We were at least five stories up.

     "Come on now, you've made it this far. Don't look down and just trust yourself." came Meghan's voice. I looked up to see her watching me. I let out a deep sigh and then starting doing something I hope I wouldn't regret.

A/N:
parkour Tobs.
I had front row seats to the usa vs sui game and I melted. Seeing Tobin with the captain band was amazing and Ohai getting her first cap and first goal was 10/10