Chapter 21

I stared into those blue eyes until they looked away. She was expecting someone else, and I have a feeling I know who. Ugh.

     "I just came to get my car." I said flatly, trying not to show any emotion. She looked at me and then outside.

     "Who is that?" she asked. I followed her eyes to Ash leaning against my car while looking at it.

     "Just a friend, now can I have my car keys, and preferably my clothes too." I said a little harshly. She scoffed and rolled her eyes at me.

     "Fine. Give me a second." she said, then slamming the door in front of me. When they say slamming a door in your face, I think this is what they meant.

     I waited there until the sound of another car pulling up got my attention. I turned around to see no other than the man himself. Carrasco.

     "Heath? The hell are you doing here again?" he asked while getting out of his car. He looked at my car and at Ash with a confused look.

     "Just be quiet and don't cause me any trouble." I said with a stern voice. Ash picked up on my anger and she stopped leaning against my car and started walking to me.

     "Who's this?" he asked, eyeing her up and down. He had a bit of lust in his eyes and I laughed at the sight. What a nice boyfriend Alex has got here.

     "No one you need to know about." Ash replied, earning a look from Servando. Alex came back out of the door and looked at Servando, then me, then Ash.

     "Here's your stuff, now please leave." she said to me, walking to get Servando, pulling him to the door.

     "Thanks so much Alex. Appreciate it." I turned and gave her a wide smile. She rolled her eyes again and closed the door.

     "Yikes, you put your ass on the line to be treated like that?" Ash said to me. I looked down at the ground and locked my jaw for a few seconds. I looked back up and went to my car.

     "Just follow me." I said looking at her and then getting in my car. She raised an eyebrow and then shrugged. I didn't want to talk about Alex anymore.

     We drove over to my house. It still had police tape around it but no one was at the scene. I went in and we got some of my clothes and put them in bags. I got my soccer stuff and put it all in my duffle bag.

     We loaded the cars and headed back to the penthouse. Ash had gotten me a key to the garage so I could park in there with the other cars they had.

     There was a parking garage for all of the apartments plus some public parking. The penthouse however had a separate garage just for us. It was really nice. We brought up the bags to the penthouse and up to a room that I'd be sharing with Christen.

     I guess I don't have a problem with it other than the fact there was just one bed. It was the master bedroom with a king sized bed. I'm surprised Ash doesn't have this room but she told me that she liked the room on the downstairs floor.

     I'd probably be sleeping on the floor until we got another mattress. I guess I'll be fine. I just put my bags over by the wall, not sure if I should open any of the drawers just in case.

     I went back downstairs to see Ash and Meghan on the couch and Dalton and Leo arm wrestling. I walked over and watched as they were pretty even.

     "Win will who?" he asked, smirking at me, waiting for an answer. I honestly don't know who will win this. Leo has a lot more muscle so I'm betting on him.

     "Definitely you Leo." I said, earning a laugh from him. In two seconds, Dalton's hand hit the table. Leo smiled making Dalton shrug.

     "How about you next Tobin." Dalton said getting up from the chair. Leo gave me a grin and I decided to take the challenge.

     "Bets people! Place your bets!" Dalton half yelled, joking around. Ash and Meghan stood around the table with Dalton.

     "I say 50 on my boy" Ash replied, crossing her arms. Leo nodded his head and smiled.

     "Yea me too, I'll go 50 on Leo. Sorry Tobin, he's pretty strong." Meghan said. I want quite sure how this was going to go.

     "Also 50." Dalton said. He gave both Meghan and Ash a high five. No one heard the door open but we all heard it shut.

     "50 on what?" came a clear voice. We all looked over to see the girl make her way over to us.

     "50 smackers on the bruv Leo." Dalton responded. She had finally made her way over to us. I could see her clearer now.

     She had long dark brown hair and green hazel-ish eyes. Her skin was tan and her frame was lean. She looked muscular but agile. This must have been Christen.

     "Is everyone going with Leo?" she asked, earning nods from all three of them. "Then why not put 50 on the new girl."

     "You sure Chris?" Dalton asked. She shook her head and he shrugged in response. "Alright."

     "Count Dalton's on." Leo said. I nodded and we both brought our arms up on to the tabletop. We held the other's hand and positioned ourselves to get ready.

     "No lifting your elbow, gripping the table is allowed, have fun, Leo's gotta win because Chris can't get 150 man." Dalton said. He looked at us and then at our arms. "3. 2. 1."

     "Begin."

A/N:
all of my money is on Tobin & more.