Chapter 26

It's as if he couldn't press the barrel into my head any harder. Why am I thinking about that at a time like this. Shit. I hope everyone's okay.

     "If you're going to shoot me, tell me who you are." I said a little annoyed. He laughed at me and then nodded around to everyone else in the van. They all took off there masks and I slapped the arm holding me.

     "Damn, you're loyal." Ash's voice rang out. The arm let go of me and my back immediately hit the floor. I can't believe I didn't recognize Dalton's voice. I sat up and put my head in my hands.

     "Jesus Christ." was all I could get out. I sat there not wanting to look up. I felt a hand on my shoulder. It stayed there until it gave me a slight squeeze. I finally looked up to see Christen looking at me with soft eyes.

     The van started moving but I stayed on the ground for a while. I let out a heavy sigh and went to sit on a bench when Ash said we were going to pick up speed. I was next to Christen and she put her hand on my leg.

     No one said anything all the way back home. I didn't know what to think. I thought I was dead. I thought that was going to be it for me. What a horrible test. We were walking to our rooms when Ash stopped me.

     "Hey, I just want to apologize. That test was Dalton's idea, I personally didn't like the idea of it. You definitely passed though, so good job." she said. I nodded and headed up the stairs. I just needed sleep.

     I heard the water running in the sink of the master bathroom attached to the bedroom. I quickly changed into a tshirt and sweatpants. She came out of the bathroom, I could tell she was taking her eye makeup off

     "Hey, are you going to sleep here?" she asked me. I really just wanted to be alone to think things out.

     "I think I'm going to just sleep on the couch. You know, kind of settle in and settle down." I said not looking at her. I felt a bit embarrassed about how shaken up I am.

     "Okay. If you're uncomfortable or anything just wake me, please." she said. I nodded and walked to the door with my phone in my hand. I stopped and turned.

     "Did you have to go through that on your first day?" I asked her. She shook her head and I felt the anger building inside me. So Dalton only put me through that test. Thanks.

     I went to the couch and took a pillow and a blanket. I laid down and checked my phone, something I've been pretty bad at doing lately.

     Kelley had texted me a few times.

Kelly: Ayeeeeeee what up what up?

Kelley: Yea me too

Kelley: I'm good, thx for asking

Kelley: Okay so, I dont find this funny anymore

Kelley: ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEE

     Yikes, I guess I should apologize for not saying anything. I decided that I wasn't going to put it off until tomorrow.

Me: Hey, long story but I'm okay. Sorry for not answering sooner, I've just been busy

     I waited for a while with no response. I don't blame her, it's already 12. I started looking through Instagram when I saw a text notification.

     I immediately thought it was Kelley but when I opened it I was surprised. It was from Alex.

Alex: you wouldn't happen to be able to bring me to camp tomorrow, would you?

     I completely forgot. Camp starts at 6. Shit. I told her dad I wouldn't go near her, and I don't know if I really want to bring her.

Me: Your dad doesn't want to see you around me unless we're on the same team.

Alex: then I guess he doesn't have to know

Me: This isn't something you can say "he doesn't have to find out" like you do with Servando.

Alex: ... really?

Alex: I'll have someone else take me then. have a nice night Tobin.

     That's right, I just said that. Do I regret it? No. As much as I hate being an ass, she just makes me so angry.

     She has everything. A loving family. A nice house. Good friends. Sure, now I apparently have all the money in the world but that won't make me happy.

     Whatever. I'm just going to sleep. I set an alarm on my phone for 5:00am. I slowly drifted off to sleep.

     It seems like the second I went to sleep was the same second my alarm went off. I set it to vibrate so it would only wake me up.

     I was so exhausted, I felt restless. I couldn't miss camp though, the varsity coach wouldn't be happy. I got up and went to the room. I opened the door quietly.

     I could hear Christen's soft breathing, she was still asleep. I got my soccer bag in order and then continued to get ready. I put everything on except for my cleats.

     I decided to leave a note on the bedside for Christen, telling her that I'd gone out early. Hopefully she'd tell everyone else.

     I got down to the garage and unlocked my car. I got in and put my bag in the passenger seat. As I set it down, something caught my attention. It was my ecig.

     Not thinking clearly, I decided to drain a lot of the juice. I had definitely felt the rush while I was driving. I needed to wake up somehow.

A/N:
vape god