Twenty-seven.

Look who that is. 😏👆
♤♤♤

Reina

Demitri 🖕
Come outside
5:02 a.m.

I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone on the other side of the bed. Why can't you try to talk to me from the window like a normal person?

My phone buzzed again making me dramatically sigh.

Demitri 🖕

You better come outside in the next ten minutes or I'm banging on your door like the police.
5:11 a.m.

I threw my covers off of me in anger and slid on my slides. The thing I hate most is when people wake me up early. Especially on the weekend. I sluggishly walked down the stairs and opened the door.

"What do you want?" I rubbed the sleep out my eyes while yawning.

"Look." He handed three envelopes with a nervous look on his face.

"UCLA, University of Florida, and Duke University?" I read each one out loud.

"I'm scared of what they might say." He admitted.

"You want me to read this?" I held up the letters in my hand

This is what he woke me up for? To read his college letters? He couldn't have his mom do this?

"Please?" He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"...Fine." I sighed, opening the letter from Florida University.

"What does it say?"

"They're offering you a full ride athletic scholarship." I said seeing the smile form on his face.

I opened the next one from Duke University.

"They're offering you a scholarship, but not a full ride."

"That's okay. What does UCLA say?" He asked excitedly.

I know that's his dream school and it would mean everything if he got accepted. So I wasted no time opening the letter.

"What's it say?"

"They...uh..."

He snatched the paper from me and skimmed his eyes over the words. His expression changed and he balled up the paper.

"They don't want me." He chuckled.

"Demitri-"

"I should've expected it. My previous games don't mean anything. They think I'm a lost cause, I know I am."

"No you're not. They're just stupid." I pulled him into a hug.

Yeah, I might be mad at him, but I would be heartless if I didn't comfort him. I know how much UCLA means to him.

"I miss your hugs." He said, holding me tighter.

I wanted to let go, but I miss his hugs too. I miss him in general. But I can't focus on him right now. Maybe we aren't right for each other. We just think thought that we were.

Four Months Later..

"Damn, I'm going to miss you Bigfoot." Julie said as we stood in Demitri's empty room.

Demitri decided to go to Duke University. All the way in North Carolina. His ACL is close to being healed to where he can play, but he still has some issues when he plays. In about another month or two with therapy he can be playing like he never was injured.