Thirty-eight.

Demitri

"Demitri, I should break your neck." Kylee threatened over the phone. She was all red in the face.

"I know." I already knew where this call was going.

"She won't stop crying! What the fuck is your problem!" She fumed.

I sighed, "I didn't mean it."

"Yeah, well I think she meant this." She held up Reina's promise ring.

My eyes widened, "She took it off?"

"She took it off, then tried to put it in the garbage disposal. Julie stopped her before she could."

"I really didn't mean to call her that, it just slipped out."

"I know, but you can't do stuff like that." She scolded me.

"She's going to break up with me, isn't she?" I said sadly.

"No, she's just really upset." She assured, trying to make me feel better.

I tried giving Reina her space for a full twelve hours and it's not working. Sitting around is only making me feel worse, and Reina even more worse.

"What's today?" I asked.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "Thursday, why?"

"I'm coming to Florida after my last class tomorrow."

"Demit-"

"My mind is set, bye." I quickly hung up before she could say anything else.

I have to pick up my mess.

°•°•°•°•°

"It's so nice to see you home." My mom pulled me into a bone crushing hug when I walked through the door.

She pulled away from me smiling. Then it disappeared and she began hitting me with a rolled up newspaper.

"Ouch! Ma!" I tried to block her swings.

"What is wrong with you? Saying something like that to that poor girl. I should pull those naps you call curls out your damn head." She nagged, stomping up the stairs.

I sat my bags on the floor and walked next door. Reina's mom's car wasn't in the driveway, so I didn't have to deal with a possibly getting shot in the shoulder. Because nine times out of ten, she knows.

I knocked on the door and I heard a small voice from the other side.

"Who is it?" Hunter asked.

"Demitri."

He opened the door, one eye peeping through the small crack.

"You're not welcomed inside." He said coldly.

I see we're back to square one.

"Please." I begged.

He opened the door wider and walked off into the living room.

"How you been lil man?" I closed the door behind me.

"Don't talk to me, Dorthy. You're just like Tyler." He shook his head.

"I'm nothing like him." I said.

"You made my mom cry, didn't you? That's exactly what Tyler did." He ran up to his room and slammed the door.