Fourty.

Man, this is my longest book ever. I don't feel like I thank you guys enough, but thank you so much for showing this book so much support!

I love you peoples. 😊❤

Reina

"What do you mean you can't come?" I furrowed my eyebrows while looking at Demitri on my phone screen.

"I'm sorry, baby, but I have championships that day and everyone's counting on me." He said sympathetically.

"I understand." I sighed.

"You'll have fun with Kylee and Julie." He assured.

"Yeah, I have to go dress shopping with them later, so I'll call you after your practice."

"Okay, I love you. Send me lots of pictures." He tried to lighten the mood.

I forced a smile so I didn't make him feel bad, "I love you too, Demmy."

He hung up and I let out a dramatic sigh. Prom is next week and I was really hoping Demitri was going to be able to go. Unfortunately, he has a big game and I wouldn't want him to miss it just escort me to prom.

°•°•°•°•°

"I like this one. Reina, what do you think?" Julie asked, spinning in the long, blue dress.

"It's nice." I replied unenthusiastically, resting my chin in my hands.

She sucked her teeth, "You said that about the other two dresses."

"I'm sorry. I'm just not in a good mood."

"Why not? This is your senior prom, that you get to spend with your boyfriend." Kylee nudged me, wiggling her eyebrows.

"No, I'll be spending my senior prom third wheeling." Julie is Kylee's date, of course, so I'll really just be a tag along.

"I thought you were going to ask Demitri to come escort you to prom." Julie sat next to me.

"I did, and he has a championship game that night." I frowned.

I expected my prom to be magical, just like any other girl. Prom, especially senior prom is a big thing. All I wanted was to share that night with Demitri, my boyfriend, the person I love.

"Well you have us, you won't be a third wheel." Julie said.

"I don't know-"

"Shut up and try on dresses with me." She yanked me up out of my seat.

"I don't even know if I want to go anymore." I mumbled.

She playfully rolled her eyes, "You don't really have a choice. Whether you like it or not, you're going to this prom."

"I rather stay home and eat pizza. It won't be the same without Demmy." I pouted.

"Boo, you whore." She bit into a slim jim she had in her purse.

I smacked my lips, "Don't you think you should wait to eat until you're not in that dress."

"Don't worry about me, start looking for your dress." She pushed me towards the racks.