Thirty-seven.

Reina

"Reina, get your damn phone." Julie groaned, snuggling closer to Kylee.

Bryant was laid out on the floor, snoring loudly.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of the room to answer. Of course it had to be Demitri. His face popped up on the screen and he looked surprised that I actually answered.

"Please don't hang up on me." He begged.

I said nothing, waiting for an apology. A sincere one.

"You didn't wish me good luck yesterday, or called after the game." He said sadly.

There was no way he going to sit here and try to make me feel bad. He hung up in my face. He can't trust me. I have every right to be mad.

Even if Bryant wants me, it shouldn't matter because I don't want him. I'm pretty sure if he wanted me, he would've made a move a long time ago when Demitri went off to college.

"I know." I replied nonchalantly.

He furrowed his eyebrows while licking his lips, "Excuse me?"

"You heard me."

"Regardless of our argument you still could show some support as my girlfriend." He raised his voice.

"Yes, your girlfriend that you don't trust." I matched his volume.

"What are you talking about? I do trust you." He scoffed.

"Oh, really? Then why is it such a problem that I'm friends with Bryant?" I questioned.

"Because he wants you, Reina! But you're too damn slow to notice!" He yelled.

I looked at him stunned, "So now I'm slow?"

"Baby I didn't mean it-"

"No, No, you did mean it. Now I know how you really feel." I felt my eyes beginning to water so I hung up.

He tried calling me back, but I just let it go to voicemail. Maybe starting a relationship with Demitri was a mistake.

Demitri

"You were dead wrong fa' dat." Lazarus shook his head once Reina hung up on me.

"I know, I know." I sighed, running my fingers through my hair. "But she-"

"Don't make excuses. Na' I wouldn't care what I say ta' a random broad, but my girlfriend...no. Especially when she has a condition like Reina's." He said.

"Well the damage is already done. I don't know what I'm going to do." I was practically hopeless. Reina isn't my first girlfriend, but she is the first girlfriend I had that has a condition. I have to watch certain things I say to her.

"She's probably gonna break up witcha' dumb ass. I told chu' don't fuck up wit' a girl like ha', they're rare." He shook his finger in a tsk tsk motion.

"You're not helping." I huffed. I don't know why I was looking for advice from him. He sleeps with a girl no longer than two times. I would say he's the true player legend.

"Oh, I was supposed ta' be helpin'? Hm." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes and got up from my bed. There's only two people I know that can help me.

°•°•°•°•°

"You fucked up. You fucked up big time." Gabe told me once I finished telling him what happened between Reina and I.

"I agree." Morgan nodded.

I sucked my teeth at her, "Morg, you're supposed to be the third party here."

"You called her slow, Demitri. She's nice because if Gabe called me slow, I'll slice his ass." She ended her sentence with an innocent smile.

"She's done it before when I accidentally called her a bitch."

"Anyways, the only thing you can do is give her a little space and hope she doesn't break up with your dumb ass." She laughed.

I narrowed my eyes at her, shaking my head.

"I'm just kidding. But remember, it's the actions that count. Just saying you're sorry isn't going to fix anything." She told me.

"What about me? She didn't wish me good luck on my game. And she's hanging around someone I don't trust." I sounded selfish, but it was true.

"Another thing you should remember. The woman is always right, even she's wrong." Gabe lectured.

"That makes no damn sense."

"It will make your life a whole lot easier." Morgan added.

"Fuck that, if I'm right then I'm right."

"That's the thing, you're both wrong." Gabe told me.

"How am I wrong? She's not respecting me not wanting her to hang around Bryant. And then she didn't wish me good luck, like I said." I folded my arms like a stubborn child.

"That's where she's wrong. But you hung up in her face and called her slow. Calling her slow was a hit below the belt. And not letting her be friends with another guy is only showing your lack of trust in her." Morgan pointed out.

"I do trust her." I started to get a little defensive. First Reina, and now Morgan.

Just because I don't want her talking to any guys, doesn't mean I don't trust her. I just don't want another male getting her attention.

"Then you're jealous." Morgan told me.

"I am not." I whined.

"You are, you're jealous that another boy has her attention and you feel like he'll take your place, with you being so far away."

"He could! I'm not able to physically be there for her. What if she leaves me for him? I'm practically driving her into his arms." I put my head in my hands.

"That's your own fear, and it's getting in the way of your relationship. Reina loves you too much to do something like that." Morgan assured.

"But if everything fails, go to Florida and give her good pipe, she'll be fine. Ain't that right, Morggie?" He draped his arm over her shoulder.

She gave him a death glare, "Estás tan estúpido. Este no es un tiempo para estar bromeando." You're so stupid. This is not the time to be joking.

"English. English." He told her.

"Don't listen to him, Demitri. Just give her space and show her you're sorry. You both should apologize to each other."

I'm sure she wants nothing to do with me now, but it's worth the shot. I made a promise to her, and I have to fix this.

♡♡♡♡

Demitri?

Reina?

You think Reina will leave him?

Excuse mistakes.