Thirty-nine.

Demitri

"You want to go see a movie?" Reina asked, walking out of the bathroom with just a towel on.

"No."

"What about bowling?" She was trying to avoid any conversation about Bryant.

"Nope. How about we go see Bryant?" The mention of his name made her roll her eyes.

"I thought you were over this." She dropped her towel. I know what she's trying to do.

"...No, we apologized and I gave you some good pipe. That didn't change anything." I put my hands behind my head.

"He doesn't want me, Demitri. It's all in your head." She turned around to face me.

I found myself staring at her bare chest, . I cleared my throat and focused my attention back on her face.

"Is it really?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Yes! He likes Maria." She said.

"Who's Maria?" She told me that like I was supposed to know.

"Kylee's older sister. She just got back from college and he doesn't think he stands a chance with her. He's nineteen, she's twenty-two." She explained while getting dressed.

"I still don't want to being friends with him." I told her. I just don't want her giving another male her attention, my attention.

"I was friends with Bryant before you and I were even together, so I'm not dropping our friendship just because you're jealous." She glared at me.

"Fine." I threw my hands up, completely giving up. There's no way I'm going to get her to change her mind. "I think Hunter hates me...again."

She chuckled at my statement, "Why would you think that?"

"Because he hasn't talked to me since I got here."

"Maybe you should go talk to him." She suggested.

Although he is very stubborn, it was worth a shot. I walked downstairs to the living room where he was watching Chowder reruns.

"This my favorite show." I said, sitting on the couch next to him.

"I thought it would be The Wiz." Hunter spoke, keeping his eyes on the television.

"Why would you think that?"

"Because of Dorthy."

I sighed, "Look, I know you're upset with me, but I promise you that you'll never see your mom cry again because of me. It's important to me that I don't hurt you too."

"Why?" He finally looked up at me.

"Because I care about you. Hurting your mom is just as bad as hurting you."

He slowly nodded while averting his attention back to the show, "Cool."

I give up. I stood up from the couch and made my way to the stairs.

"Demitri?" He called out before I could place my foot on the first step.

I faced him and he smiled, showing his deep dimples.

"You're like the dad I never had." He said.

"And you're like the son I never had."

He turned his attention back to the TV, "I don't give third chances, remember that."

Reina

"

Why are we here?" Demitri asked for the tenth time since we've came to Chipotle.