Chapter 1

Stella~
It's been two days since I've moved in. I'm all settled and it's Christmas time. I woke up to hearing my sister talking about the first time hosting the holidays.

"Good morning cuties!" I hopped down the steps still wearing my pajamas, "how's setting up going?" I smiled.
"SHAWNS COMING STELLA! WHY ARE YOU NOT READY?!" Cory yelled at me.
"IS HE HERE YET? I THINK NOT" I yelled back while picking at the food. "Look Cor, I know your boyfriend is coming but please. I'll get ready when I'm done helping my sister." I said while washing dishes and putting them away while she helps with setting up the tree.
"It's Maya's first Christmas with us and I want it to be perfect."
"I need it to be perfect for Shawn" I hear Cory say after his daughter.
"Not helping, guys. Look everything will be perfect for everyone. Except maybe your mom Cory.." I said while laughing.
"Yeah, you see. She's right." And then the buzzer rang.
"Shawn?!"
"Nope, Maya"
"..Shawn?" Cory repeated, hopeful.
"Aww, your boyfriend isn't here yet?"
"He's not my boyfriend!" Cory yelled at the speaker box.
"Well.." I started
"Hush you!" He hushed me. He just hushed me.
"You know, I don't even think he's real."
"Oh he's real alright," I said rolling my eyes, "He's real good at being annoying with Cory." I mumbled
"Have I ever told you I love you, sister?" My sister said
"Everyday." I replied smirking. And left to get ready. I ended up wearing a black blouse, with a white blazer, and my leather jeans, and putting on my heels. My make up was neutral except for my blood red lips. I as doing my last touch up when I heard Auggie screaming 'uncle Josh!' I smiled to myself. Ah, that boy, gotta love the uncle. I walked out to see Maya looking at Josh and I see the glint in her eyes when she sees him.
"Boing" I hear her say right away and pointing at him.
"That's my uncle, Maya."
"Sweet. I would be your aunt." I hear her say and I laugh.
"I already have an aunt!" She looked at her crazy.
"Look Stella's awesome, but she's not with him and let me say.."
"Please don't." She said with a grossed out face and I laughed even harder.
"Auntie Stella!! Look who's here!" I hear Auggie scream
"I know, baby! I know! The gaint of the family has shown up!" I say joking around and walking over to them. I looked up to Josh and stood right in format of him with a smirk on my face. He turned and dropped Auggie onto the couch and turned to me.
"Stells" he said with a very serious face.
"Long time no see, Joshy."
"Not really, what 2 weeks?" He said with his face still serious. I smiled and said, "you'd be surprised to see how many girls would love to be in my position right now." And hugged him and we walked over to Riley and Maya.
"Uncle Josh." Riles said and giving him a hug.
"Riley"
"Uncle Josh" Maya said excitedly.
"Uh..I'm not your uncle Maya." He said confused.
"Even better." She said happily and I smiled at him when he turned to look at me.

I smiled at him and when she pulled away he said, "it's been awhile

I smiled at him and when she pulled away he said, "it's been awhile."
"Sure has."
"Well, you grew up gorgeous." He said nervously and she had the biggest smirk on her face.
"Maya, no." Riley said and Maya laughed and sang a tune.
I sat down next to Josh at the bay window and smiled at him.
"Hey."
"Hey." He said smiling not taking his eyes off the window.
"You seem nervous."
"I am.."
"Why?"
"I just told a girl three years younger than me that she was gorgeous."
"Okay..and?" I said confused
"I could've stirred up feelings in her. I am 17, Stellar. So are you, but she's 3 years younger than us."
"Josh it's not like she doesn't know you." I say softly, smiling at the nickname he called me since we were in the 3rd grade.
"It's just.." He started again
"Look, what's the big deal, Josh.. She's 14, right? So what?? If she gets feelings, then maybe you'll end up together and if not oh well! She's got this life ahead of her and she's going to meet people. Don't focus on that."
"Stella, you're telling me. Stells, she's beautiful. And she looks tough but from what I can see is that she's going through so much and she's also immature. She's little."
"Josh, maybe you should let her grow up on her own, and just let her do her. She may be little but in a couple of years she'll be settled, studying, and a lot more mature than now. If the universe wants it to happen, it'll happen. Someday.." I said with a ghost smile. I got up and went to got get the men from the other bay window to open presents. I went to my room and changed while they opened presents. I hear my door open and someone sit next to me.
"So, I hear you're Josh's best friend.."
"I am."
"Can you help me.." I turned and looked at her.
"Of course I will. I will always help you, Maya. Even when you think I can't.." I said quietly. She smiled and laid her head on my shoulder. And we ended like that the entire night and Riley soon joined in.