Chapter 10

Stella's POV~

I woke up to feel bodies around mine and I looked around and saw that Maya and Riley were laying to my right and I knew josh was on my left so when I looked over I saw him and checked the time.
"JOSH"
He jumped up and fell off the bed,
"Aw Stella what?"
"You're going to be late! It's 7:32!"
"Oh crap!" He yells and runs around to grab clothes that he's left here and ran to my restroom. I shook the girls awake since they were going to be late too.
"Auntie five more minutes!"
"No! Cmon!"
"No!" Riley said as she put her hand on my mouth.
"Riley, sweetie it's 8:40" (for all my latinas that get told that when it's 7:30)
"What!" She jumps up and throws on a dress with some booties and I look down to my outfit seeing it's the same and I laugh.
"Cmon Maya. You have to get out of bed."
"No" she says with her eyes closed. I sigh and walk into the bathroom to see josh brushing his teeth. I let my hair out of my braids and put some mousse in my hair and smiled at josh I did my hygiene routine and finished. I checked the time to see it was 7:50.
"Cmon girls. Let's go or your dad will kill me."
"Let's go!" Riley yells and hands Maya her jacket and me a pop tart.
"Okay and thanks." I lean up to kiss Josh's cheek and I walk out.
Once we get to school I'm notified that a teacher quit so we had to choose a teach quick. I called one of my good friends that had applied for the spot, and since Cory and I were on the committee I took the liberty of calling her up while Cory told the kids.
"Did we do it?" Maya asked
"Did we finally break him?"
"You broke him" Cory says as he came in.
Cheers erupted,
"Hush, mr. Garibosky survives ww 2, and mrs. Garibosky, but he can't get passed you. Lucky for you we had a new teacher on hand." He says to them. Harper and I walk through the halls just like we did when we were in college.
"Oh no, were good thanks."
"I dunno Maya. You may like this one." Lucas tells her as he sees us walking by.
"Meet Ms. Burgess. She is your new teacher, treat her the way you would treat me." I say to the class,
"Oh we can to better than that." Riley says.
I turn to my friend and smile, Cory and I walk out of the class and since he was off this period we headed towards my office.
"How is it, that you have a slightly higher position than I do?"
"I dunno maybe it's cause I have 3 PhDs?" I say slightly laughing.
"True. So you think yancy will like this teacher?"
"Nope"
"Will the rest of the teachers like her?"
"Maybe,"
"Will we get fired for this?"
"Most likely."
"Yikes." He says and we reach my office.

By the middle of the day Yancy is walking around the school and he sees comic books.
"I was walking around and I check what you are teaching and I see comic books. Comic books are not literature," he sees how to kill a mocking bird, "teach them real literature." And with that he walks out and the kids are sitting in shock,
"So The Dark Knight Returns, read it, we will be talking about it tomorrow." Harper says and the bell rings.
Later that night Riley and Maya were stuffing their mouths.
"Yo gobble gobbles, slow down or you'll choke to death." 
"We have homework!" They both said with their mouths full.
I look towards where they pointed and lifted up the comic.
"Huh"
"Is this the teacher yancy doesn't like?"
"Yep"
"The young idealist who is Stella's friend"
"Yep."
"Huh"
"Yep"
"So you both realize that history doesn't repeat?" Topanga says.
"We'll see" both me and Cory say as the girls run up to their rooms
"So is anyone gonna talk about the fact that they are excited to do their homework?"
"Uhhh"

The next day we all went to work together. I headed to my office and saw yancy looking around.
"Uh may I help you, sir?"
"Oh no. I'm just doing the usual monthly check."
"You did that last week sir. But sure go ahead." I said as I put my things up. He walked out and continued walking. A couple minutes later Maya came in.
"Whoa Maya. What's going on?"
"Cmon hurry!"
"Where are you taking me?"
I looked in to see yancy in the room and I looked in front of me to see Cory being pulled by Riley. We shrugged at each other as they both pushed us in.
"Uh what's going on?" Cory asked
"I've been fired. I would like to thank the both of you for believing in me." She said sadly
"You're welcome. Oh wait that hasn't changed." I said to her.
"How could you fire someone like her?" Cory asked.
"Go back to your class Matthews." Yancy said rudely.
I tensed and Cory put a hand on my shoulder.
"You're right this isn't my class but literature and history have a lot in common." He let go once I was calm again knowing that I would snap if he talked to anyone like that.
"You know what History and The great books have in common? There are always villains and heroes. Like you yancy. Right now you are the villain in this picture, and right now they are seeing this play out through that window." I said angrily.
"And if you're willing to let her go.. you gotta be willing to let me go." Cory stepped up.
"Cory-"
"It's alright Stella." He said to me.
"Let you go? I was not prepared. Gimme a seco-"
"Okay. You're fired too."
"Yancy,"
"Do you want to be fired too ms. Lawrence?"
"You can't fire me. I'm your only counselor, who do you think does most of the work here? So get out yancy. You don't deserve the position you have." He stayed silent and gave a look to the teacher behind me and I stood straighter.
"Do not make me ask again." He walked out and the girls were about to walk in until they saw me shaking my head.