Chapter 13

Stella POV~
"Ma'am you can't go through! Miss!" I hear as I'm running by.
A security guard was able to grab me before I got any further and sat me down.
"Where is Joshua Matthews?" I ask shaking with tears running down my face.
"I'm sorry miss I can't tell you that. It's protocol for only family to know."
"She is family." I heard someone say and I turned and saw Cory.
"Cory!" I say and ran to him.
"How is he? Where is he?" I ask rushed.
"He's going in and out of consciousness. The first time he woke up was for 24 seconds and was only able to say your name. I was running after you from school but you left. My mom called me and I came straight here. When I got here he was awake long enough to call you."
"What the hell Cory! Where is he? I need to see him! What's wrong with him?!" I yell
"Stella you need to calm down. He's in the ICU. He got into a bad car accident with his friends. The other driver hit the passenger side. Josh was sitting there. He got most of the hit. He had a really bad concussion, he's got a deep cut on his side from the glass shards. It went a little too deep and.."
"Spit it out Cory." I say angry and upset. Which is not a very good combination.
"The doctors are doing everything they can but he's in critical condition."
My knees shook and I would've fallen if Cory didn't catch me.
"Can I- can I see him?" I asked softly not trusting my own voice.
"Yeah. Of course." He lead me towards his room where I saw him laying there, looking as pale as the room and the nurse that was in there came out.
"We were able to stabilize his vitals. But we're still drawing out the blood until the stitches clot." She said to us.
"Is he able to hear us?"
"Well he's been in and out of consciousness. But he should be able to." She said to me.
"Only one at a time please. It'll drive him too hard if more than one."
"Thank you." I say with my scratchy voice.
"Do you want to wait for Topanga, Auggie and the girls?"
"I don't want to leave him alone." I say watching still from the window.
"Then go in. I know how much you mean to each other."
"Thanks Cor."
He walked away to the waiting room and I walked in. I pulled the chair next to his bed and sat down.
"Cmon Josh. Please wake up and stay awake for good. You can't do this to me." I grab his hand and squeeze tight. I let the tears fall freely. 40 minutes later Cory came in.
"They're here. I'll stay if you want, Topanga brought you clothes so you can change." I nodded and leaned over to kiss Josh's forehead and walked out.
"Hey.." I said softly to Topanga.
"Stella!" She said, stood up with a bag and came over to give me a hug. I look over her shoulder to see the girls watching us.
"Hi girls," I say pulling away.
"Hi aunt Stella." They both say sadly.
"How is he?" My sister asked.
"He's unconscious right now. They were able to stop the bleeding and stitch it up but the concussion is what's worrying the doctors." I told her as both girls stayed quiet and listened.
"We all know he'll be okay. What matters is that you keep your head. You both can get through this. You did it once." She says.
"Yeah, I'll try. But I swear if any of those guys show up you'll have to hold me back." I say half joking.
"Here I brought you clothes. You can change in the restroom."
"Thank you sister." I say hugging her again.

Third POV~
Riley and Maya watched Stella as she walked towards the restroom and looked at each other.
"Mom is uncle Josh gonna be okay?"
"Yes. I'm sure of it."
"Is auntie Stella going to be okay?" Maya asked.
"I- yes. She is, because they both care about each other and there is no other reason why she wouldn't be." Topanga answered. Lucas, Zay, and Farkle walked in and said their hellos and sat next to the two worried girls.
"How is he?"
"Everyone needs to stop asking that question. He's gonna be fine." Maya snapped.
"Maya!" Riley scolded.
"Well he is! You heard them he's gonna be fine."
"Maya they are only worried." Topanga said.
"Well they didn't see Stella with bags under her red eyes and her tear stained cheeks! Can't anyone see that talking about it causes her more pain! He's gonna be okay because he's got us." She said angrily to them.
"Yeah. He'll be fine, as long as next time he wakes up I'm at his side." They heard. Everyone looked over and saw Stella in black yoga pants, an oversized Rolling Stones shirt, vans and a white cardigan. She turned and walked towards the room where Josh was unconscious.
"Or one of us." Maya said.
"Well technically, if Josh wakes up to see Stella he's more likely to stay awake." Topanga says.
"Why?" Riley asked curious about why her mom said that.
"Because they both love each other and hate to put the other person in pain.. Seeing Josh go in and out of consciousness will cause so much pain to Stella that Josh wouldn't bear it either." She explained.
"Oh." Was all everyone could say. They headed towards the room and saw Cory eating pudding and Stella next to Josh's bed. Holding his hand having the other under her chin as she stared at him. Cory noticed everyone and excused himself. Stella didn't even acknowledge it.
"Hey" he said to Topanga and she put his arms around him.
"It's gonna be okay. I'm sure of it." She said.
"That's what Stella said, and God knows that the Lawrence sisters are never wrong." Cory said laughing slightly.
"Never." Topanga says.
"We're just waiting for him to wake up again." Cory told the group.
"What happens when he does?" Lucas asked.
"They have to check his vitals and circulation." Farkle told them.
"Well let's hope he wakes up." Zay said.
And with that they all left Stella in the room and walked away.

Stella POV~
I had fallen asleep around 3 in the morning. It's official, we've been here for a day and josh only woke once for a split second. Well he only moved his body before he passed it again. I was half asleep when I felt a hand squeeze mine, and heard the raspy voice that I'd know anywhere,
"Stellar?" I heard him say.
"Joshy." I say softly, kiss his cheek as he smiled and hugged me. As I leaned over, I slammed my hand on the button to call the nurses.