Chapter 19

Third POV~
As Topanga sat there she thought of all the good moments she had with her sister, like the time they got stuck in a tree, their first party, Stella was just a little girl probably around 12 but Topanga was babysitting her and she really wanted to go to that party. Topanga thought about her sister and her daughter, how close they were and how Riley would run to her if anything happened and she smiled remorsefully. And Maya, who she thought wouldn't change a bit, but until she met Stella she did an entire 180. She thought about how stupid Josh was about not coming, especially since she was here when Josh was put in the same hospital. It was the least he could do, even if he did have a girlfriend. She thought about how her sister helped around the bakery they owned and she smiled. She looked over at Cory and smiled and thought about the moments with him and laughed because Stella was a lot funnier with Cory. And to herself, she whispered,
"Please fight Stella. You can do this."

Jake was still sitting next to her when the sun came up. He thought about how he  knew nothing of her but was willing to do anything for her. He thought of the moments they had in high school, when he helped her pick up her books she had dropped and walked away, when he caught her falling down the stairs, and seeing her at their soccer games, given it was to see Josh, but he still saw her. The minute he saw her in that grocery store his heart had skipped a beat, his hands had turned clammy and he was at lost for words. But he did the same thing he did when they first met, he helped her pick up those chips. Which was when he realized she didn't recognize him and he laughed lowly when he did and thought it was a second chance. He had gotten smoother at flirting and everything. After all, he was a senior that was a player but he knew Stella was different, the way her eyes showed happiness and love, how her would shine brighter with Josh. God, he was so oblivious and he laughed at the thought. Josh is so thick in the head, I mean after everything they'd been through how could you not love someone like her. She saw the best in people, she treated them the same that was until you pissed her off or got on her bad side.

Topanga was still deep in though but was brought out of them when Cory put his hand on hers. She looked over to him and forced a smile.
"How is she? Did Jake come out yet?" He asked worriedly.
"Yeah he did," her voice cracked and she felt more tears fall from her face as she fell face first onto his shoulder. Her heart was in her stomach as she let the sob spill out of her against her will, "Stella, she- she's in a coma. He said that they put her to sleep but the doctor that was supposed to be constantly checking her vitals got distracted and didn't realize they dropped but he was too late when he realized it. She had already fallen deep into it. So he did the next best thing, he tried his best to stabilize her and he did. But there's no telling when she could wake up. They ran more tests while she was asleep, I'm hoping we can get the results soon. If anything, Jake is staying here to keep an eye on the inside." She finally pulled her self together and wiped her tears.
"Topanga- I, it'll be okay, she's a fighter. You know that better than anyone. Don't let this get in the way of your sister's faith." He reassured her, squeezing her hands lightly. Then the question Topanga asked horrified herself and Cory.
"What are we going to tell the girls?!" She cried. Shawn and Katy had woken up by then and asked what was going on. Cory had tears in his eyes as he explained what was going on, everyone's eyes were now red with tears.
"Maybe it's best if we take the kids home before they wake up." Katy offered and Shawn nodded along.
"You can take them to our place. Shawn you have a key. Just be sure they don't freak out; let them know slowly. Not all at once. We'll stay here and fill you in on anything that happens. Okay?"
"Yeah man, we know." Shawn reached over and hugged him and then hugged Topanga. They each grab a kid and walk out. But only Cory and Topanga came back in.

A/N~ sorry guys! This is a filler chapter, horrible I know! But there will be more drama in the next chapter 👍🏻