Chapter 2

Stella~

I got out of my room to hear Cory freaking out over Riley inviting her friends. I smiled when I walked in hearing him say,
"It's happening Topanga! She's choosing her friends over family!"
"I don't see why we can't just play with them?" Topanga replied.
"Because! This is family game night. But she's invited Dr. Turtleneck and Mr. Howdy into our compound!"
"Maybe we can just come back another time." I look to see a blonde boy sitting there with a boy wearing a turtleneck.
"Cory, you'll only make it worst." I said laughing while hugging Josh hello and going over to them saying hello.
"Dr. Turtleneck I presume?" I said shaking his hand.
"How'd you know?"
"Well because you look like a doctor and because of the turtleneck. " I said smiling and moved onto Mr. Howdy.
"You are-"
"Howdy." He said smiling and shaking my hand.
"Well nice to meet you both I'm-"
"Stella" they both said.
"How'd you-" I started and got cut off by howdy
"You're all Riley talks about. The awesome aunt who moved in."
"Oh how nice" I said smiling and looked at Riley staring down at the boy. Wait a minute.. Riley talks about this boy who is from Texas. Tell me it's howdy and not turtleneck.
"Hey, where are you from, howdy?" I asked him
"Texas, ma'am." He replied politely.
"Oh no. None of that ma'am stuff. Call me Stella." I said and I guess I was right.
"Stella! Stop bonding!" I turned to Cory and smiled
"Look Cor. Just freak out and let's continue." He ignored me and continued.
"Look. I bought the 'family' game. Not the friend game. I saw that game. I didn't buy that game. I bought the family game, because I used to have a family." He said angrily.
"Dad, you need to calm down. You're like the king who didn't want to let go of America. "
"What now?" I said confused.
"That's what he taught today. He taught us about the American Revolution." Turtleneck replied. Man, I really got to get their names.
"Do you even know how to play the game?" Cory questioned
"Sassy." I said laughing
"Here, I'll teach ya." Maya said.
She pointed to Topanga, "always wins" Riley, "always eats too much popcorn and says she'll never eat it again."
"Huh." Cory said.
"Uncle Josh can you be my partner?" Auggie asked him.
"Try and stop me."
"Okay, I'll stop you." Maya said.
"He's my uncle." Auggie argued pulling him back.
"He's my husband." She said
"Congratulations." he said retreating. "How about you auntie?" Auggie asked turning to me.
"I don't see why not." I smiled at him.
And the doorbell rings.
"Hi Auggie!" Ava screamed, "hey! You're playing a game?!" She came in and Auggie walked over
"You're on your own pal, my woman's here." He said walking over to his spot.
"Yeah, okay" I said laughing. I see Josh walking by over to me and he sat down.
"I'm the game host now. " he said quietly.
"Aww. What? Couldn't handle being hit on?" I said laughing
"Ha. Ha. Ha. Very funny." He said sarcastically and then he turned serious, "I'm too old for her, Stells.."
"What's three years, Josh? By the time you know it she'll be 18." I said, silently rooting for them.
He got up and started playing the game. Once we reached the halfway mark, they took a small break. I looked over to Corpanga and smiled and walked out to Riley's room.
"We should got backpacking through Europe." I hear Maya say.
"We should! And we can take Farkle and Lucas with us!" Riley said excitedly
"And we'll take your parents and aunt."
"My aunt I get, but why would we take my parents?" She questioned and I walked in.
"Because this isn't a game to them at all. This is life. And there's times where in life, friends become family or strangers if you don't cherish them." I said to them sitting next to them.
"Would you go with us?"
"I've been. It's very beautiful. I would love to go again. And we'll take everyone with us." I said smiling and walking back out to the living room.

"Tell me you're joking!!!" I exclaimed when Riley said she was playing the long game. I mean I know what happens but it takes forever.

"Nope. We're playing the long game." She said going into the circle.
8 long hours later. The sun was coming up and I was wearing Josh's jacket and falling asleep.

"The sun paints a smiling face. The birds are chirping. The owl is settling in to sleep." He said coming over to me and fixing me to where I'm comfortable.
"All there's left is for Auggie and Ava to roll a 2."
"We pick two." Ava said immediately
And we all watched what happens when you play the long game. I smiled and looked over to see Josh with Maya.
"Maya," he said to her, "you know I'm too old for you right?"
"Yes, Josh. I do know that." She said quietly, "but I'm in it for the long game." She finished smirking. He smiled down at the ground and I smiled at myself. Knowing that it was bound to happen soon. I saw him sit there until everyone was gone.
"Need help?" He said chuckling seeing as I wasn't going anywhere when everyone had left. I smiled.
"More like I need to help you figure out your feelings for her. Which, by the way, as your best friend. I know them already."
He smiled and carried me to my room, "I know you do, and I'd love for you to help me but-"
"But, you want to figure it out for yourself. I know. That's why I haven't said anything." I said quietly as he laid down next to me.
"Goodnight Stells." I hear him say softly and that was the last thing I heard.