Chapter 12

Stella POV~
We came home once the young ones did but sadly they were just a tad bit earlier than us.
"Corpanga!!! We're hoome!" Josh and I both yelled as we came in and headed straight for the kitchen.
"Finally. Riley and Maya have been on the bay window for hours since they got home and I'm pretty sure they're going to stay there all night!" Topanga told me rushed.
"Topanga, sis, calm down. Haven't they done this before?"
"Yes but it was about Maya giving up on art. They talked for hours. They aren't talking now!!" She said worried.
"Okay. Just breathe I'll go in there in a bit just let me finish this sandwich." When I said that Cory came in,
"It's not the sandwich that was in the fridge was it?"
"Uh would it matter?" I asked
"Yes! It's mine!"
"Oh well yeah it was. Sorry I owe you a 'wich" I say to him.
"Well you better get it fast sista! And hopefully you can fix them. After all the spring formal is coming up. Even Eric is coming for some senator thing." Cory said.
"Yoinks. That is not good." I say thinking that it's still the end of the world.
"Yup. It's the end of the world." Cory says.
We hear scratching on the door and it stopped and continued.
"Come in Eric." I say uninterested.
"How did you know it was me constellation?"
"My name is Stella, Eric. We went over this. St-el-la" I say.
"Okay star. Anyway I just came to say bless you. I'm going to the bakery." He said and walked right back out.
He left and I went to the girls room and heard silence. Then I hear moving in the bay window but still no talking. I walk in and there they are, Riley and Maya, sitting but not talking.
"What happened? Where's the talking?"
"I don't have anything to say."
"Rile-"
"I said I don't want to know Maya." Riley cut her off.
"Uh girls you have to talk about it." I say with my arms crossed.
"Auntie I don't want to hear what happened when we left."
"In Texas? Girls this has been going on since Texas?!" I ask
"Yes" they both answered ashamed.
"Oh no. You are going to start talking right now. We can't. Semi-formal. Which I am not going to because I made up this story."
"I thought Lucas asked you?"
"No it was Charlie Gardner. Not fair."
"Riley. I'm a little disappointed, why would you make up a story?" I asked her sitting next to her.
"I didn't know how to get out of it."
"Well now you're definitely going." I tell her.
"Alright, what color goes with shame?"
"Mm yellow, and it also goes with your skin tone. " I say to her as I went to my closet looking for my dress since I got stuck chaperoning. I found the dress I was digging for. It was a black dress with white splattered all around.

I got dressed and headed to the school and saw Eric and someone getting off of their car

"Hey Eric! What are you doing at a middle school dance?" I yell out to him.
"I brought Jack back in time!" He yelled in my face.
"Okay Eric I'm close enough to hear you in your normal voice." I say to him.
"Oh"
"Wait a minute. Did you say Jack? As in the Jack that tutored me when I had a hard time in history?! That Jack?"
"Yes. Best friend Jack!" He yelled again. I rubbed my ear as I started looking around for him.
He came around the car and I tackled him in a big bear hug which ended up us landing on the floor.
"Jack!" I yell
"Stellar!" He yelled back.
"How are you? Where have you been?" I ask excitedly as he helped me up.
"Bad company!" Eric said holding him and making Jack drop me.
"Ah Eric!" I complain.
"Eric you made me drop her! Idiot-Genius!" He said as he grabbed me quicker.
"Thanks Jack." I say as I lead them inside.
We came in and Jack looked around.
"Dude you brought me to a middle school dance?"
"No Jack. I brought you back in time. See, look- there's feeny." He said looking at Cory.
"Cory!" He went over to him.
"Jack!"
"Hey buddy! How you been?" He asked while hugging.
"I've been good. What's up?"
"Well I'm at a middle school dance and your brothers my date."
"So nothing's changed." Cory says.
"No not really, although Stella sure grew up, I remember how tiny she used to be. Now she's got a higher position than you." Jack said laughing.
"Well she has 3 PhDs." Cory says.
"3? Wow that's insane! I remember when I had to tutor her. Wow." He says in shock.
"I used to think it was either the front of my notebook or the back of my notebook but now there's a new guy so I think im going to have to buy an entire different notebook because Maya doesn't want to tell me how I feel. Adults have it easy dad. All you have to worry about is what we eat and where to put the thermostat at." She says. And I started heading over. I smiled as Jack put his arm around me. Like Eric did.
"92!" Eric said,"that is why the polar bears are dying, I global warmed them." He said in shock.
"Wait, dad? This is your daughter? Your niece?" He asked us.
"Yeah,"
"Hi, I'm Riley."
"Hi Riley, it's so nice to meet you. I'm Jack." He said smiling, "how's it like having a daughter, man?" He asked Cory at the same time Riley asked,
"How do you like 2 people differently?"
"Wanna know what it's like? Why don't you take this one."
"Uh oh man. Okay well there was this girl. Her name was Rachel. She liked me as a boyfriend." He said to her.
"And she liked me-"
"How? How did she like you?" Riley asked Eric.
"She liked me as a brother." He finished.
"Do you still talk to her?" She asked Jack.
"Actually I haven't seen her in a really long time."
"Do you still talk to her?" She asked Eric
"Yeah, I talk to her all the time." He said to her.
"Keep your friends around. That's the bet choice you can make." He told her. She looked towards me and I nodded,
"You have a lot on your mind but for now, why don't you go dance with your friends?" I told her.
She left and we all looked at each other.
"Man. Keeping you around was the best choice I've ever made Eric." Jack said sentimentally.
"Yeah. I got to go." Eric said as he moved on stage. I looked to the gang and smiled.
"I remember when you were that age. We were seniors in high school. And Josh, well Josh was there." He said smirking. We laughed and started to dance. By the end of the night Jack walked me toward my rover. I, then, had the guts to ask the question bugging me all night.
"Why are you working for the bad company?" I asked.
"Ah I was wondering when you'd ask."
I looked at him expectantly. 
"Well sometimes in life you make choices and sadly for me I made the bad choice but I'm glad that you had different kind of role models."
"Jack, you were one of my many role models." I tell him.
"You still are." I say with a smile.
"I think it should be the other way now." He said grinning.
"Doubt it" I say while getting into the car.
"Keep in touch, will ya? I'd hate for you to make another bad choice."
"I will as long as you do."
"Oh believe me, I'll bug you all night long Jackie" I laughed hard at the nickname I used to use when we were younger.
"Ah no! Don't you dare call me that again!"
"Jackie Jackie Jackie!" I sing
"Ah stop it!" He yelled and kissed my cheek goodbye.
"I mean it Jack. Keep in touch."
"I will Stell. I will." And he walked away. I got home and went to my room, too lazy to change I got into bed as my phone started ringing.
"Stella?"
"Josh?"
"I have a feeling that you're going to be very angry at me for this." He said sadly.
"What happened Josh?"
"I- uh I- I'm sorry. I-"
"Spit it out, Josh." I say angrily.
"I'm at the hospital."

My heart dropped. I grabbed my jacket and heels and sprinted towards the door.