Chapter 9

Stella's POV-
"What up my peeps!" I yell out as I'm walking through the door coming from my weekend with Josh.
"Hey! Stella's back girls!" Cory yelled out, "finally. About time. Jeez you see my brother more than I do." He mutters the last part.
"Well then grumpy, why don't you go to bed yeah?" I tell him and hug my sister.
"How was your weekend Stell?" She asked
"It was great! We went to the diner we usually went to, both days, then we went to the movies to watch the new Captain America movie, let me tell you it was bomb. After that we just kind of headed home." I say.
"Kind of?"
"Well yeah, we went for ice cream.." I say laughing.
"Right! Just like you did waaayy back in the day."
"Uhh Pangers.. I'm only like 18.."
"OH MY GOSH!!! I COMPLETELY FORGOT IM SO SORRY!!" She says as she hugs me. And I laugh,
"Topanga it's fine, don't worry about it. After all, I wasn't here the weekend of.. "
"But but-"
"Topanga! I'm okay, I don't mind it. I was with Josh on my birthday. It's okay!" I say to her
"IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY?" Cory yells through the room as I see him running towards me with arms wide open. When I hear footsteps, a lot of them. I get pulled into a bone crushing hug by Cory and see the gang behind them.
"Hey girls!" I say
"It was your birthday.. you didn't tell us it was your birthday." Riley says sadly.
"Well I'm here now," I say back and smile once I see her smile creeping up her face.
"HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY STELLA!"
"I can't believe you were born on November 19!" Maya says. (That's not actually my birthday guys)
"Uh I don't choose the day" I say laughing harder and look at the boys.
"Hiya Guys." I turned to Lucas, "were you in Riley's room?"
"Uhh yeah?" He says hesitantly knowing that I'll kick him out.
"Well since it's my birthday weekend/week I'll let you be there." I say smiling.
"Why did you leave on your birthday?" Maya asks
"Honestly, I completely forgot until Josh woke me up by singing happy birthday."
"Well good news."
"Yeah?" I say motioning for Cory to continue,
"The girls are getting a new English teacher!"
"Oh that's great! Who's on the committee?"
"Me and you.."
"Just us?"
"Yep"
"And yancy allowed that?"
"Yep"
"Are we going to get an ambitious teacher?"
"You know it" he said with a smile and skipped towards his room.
"So, anyone up for ice cream?" I ask grabbing my jacket and opening the door as the entire gang scrambled towards the door.

When we all came back I was on a sugar rush so the girls and I binged an entire season of some show they like.
When we got up for dinner we walked into the room and the entire Lawrence and Matthews family was there. I saw josh sitting at the love seat and walked over. I sat on the side, and took a look at him.
"Did you go to school?"
"After you left yeah,"
"Tough day?"
"I don't wanna talk about it."
"Okay.." I said and put my arms around him. And he snuggled into my side.
I saw mom get up and walk over to us.
"Excuse me everyone," everyone quieted down, "I would just like to give thanks to my daughter's life, both of you are a blessing, but Stella you are now 18. Officially Josh's age. But you are a fierce, independent woman and I guess you got that from your sister. I'm proud of you. And as a gift your father and I have gotten you a gift." She pulled out a dainty box, she opened it and it was a beautiful ring, it had a rose gold band, two small diamonds surrounding a slightly larger diamond. It was beautiful.
"Oh mom, this is beautiful." I said grabbing the box. I took out the ring and put it on my finger, they really did know what I like.
Out of the corner of my eye I saw Josh's parents get up, who I call papa 2 and mama 2.
"Stella you are a very large part of our family, especially in Josh's life and we thank you for being his friend when no one else was. Because of that we would like to give you something, it doesn't compare to what you've done but we hope it shows just how much we're grateful." They both handed me a long box. I opened it to find a gorgeous anklet. It was rose gold and dangly. Josh took the anklet and hooked it on. He looked up and smiled.
"My turn. Best for last. Stellar, what can I say, to say your the most amazing, gorgeous, and kindest person I have ever met would be an understatement. I love you so much and I bout you a necklace that I know you had your eye on, but with a twist." He pulled out a long box again. I looked up at his eyes and he smiled, he knew. He knew exactly what I wanted even when he wasn't here most of the time. He opened it and I saw the necklace I had been looking and saving for.
"Josh, Yo-"
"I know. I know, but I wanted to. You've done so much and I haven't been there or gave back the way I wanted to. So take it. Because it's my token of gratitude and love towards you."
He took it out of the box and went around me, I lifted my hair and he clasped the necklace. I looked up at him and thanked him as I looked around I saw everyone smiling, even Maya.

It was a great night..