Chapter 18

Stella POV~

"Aunt Stella, come up here!" I heard Auggie yell as I walked upstairs with a box full of decorations.

"I'm coming, its not easy having to carry a 20 pound box by yourself you know!" I yelled back. I reached the rooftop and saw that Auggie had killed a spider. I smiled and set the box on the bench. I grabbed a napkin and picked it to toss in the trash.

"Are you going to throw it away?" he grabbed the streamers from the box and handed them to me when I threw away the dead spider.

"You lost your chance to become spider-man, Aug." I laugh while ruffling his hair.
We started to set everything up while everyone was at work and school, I started putting up streamers and the balloons. Auggie got the tablecloths and confetti, I put the centerpieces and utensils on the side of each chair. When we finished we were an hour ahead of time. I showered the quickest shower known to man, and blow dried my hair. Auggie came in with soaking wet hair and I laughed and blow dried his too. I straightened my hair and put wax in Auggie's, I shoo'ed him away for him to get changed and I changed myself. I put on this pretty two-piece and my white strappy heels. I grabbed the camera and essentials and tossed them into a white tote. I grabbed the keys, already rushing and yelled for Auggie. We rushed to the car and much to our luck we got stuck in traffic. I took out my phone and connected it to the radio. Not even ten seconds later it started to ring.

"Hello?" I answered
"Stella where are you?"
"I swear I'm stuck in traffic Topanga!"
"Stella you have to get here soon!"
"I'll be there-Oye pedazo de carne! Ni se te ocurra!"
"Stella!"
"Sorry! He was gonna get in my lane! I'll be there soon I promise! Just text me what section." I hung up and sped up. I looked at Auggie and saw that he had fallen asleep even with my yelling.
I found a parking space quickly and turned off the car. I grabbed my bag from the back and went to Auggie's side, I grabbed him and put his head on my shoulder. I sped walked my way and ran when I could. When I read Topanga's text I was almost there. I reached the section only for an arm to grab me,

"Here let me help you with him." Oh no not again!
"Uh, it's okay. I got him." I say not turning around.
"Stella, let me help you, you look like you're winded." He said amused.
"Glad to see that you're amused by my pain. Why are you here?" I took a breath.
"My niece is graduating here too. I didn't know where the auditorium was and Josh said you worked here so I saw you from the lobby and followed you but you, Stella, you are one fast girl. Even with a little boy in your arms. Let me help you." He offered again but sounded more like an order. I nodded still catching my breath, and he took Auggie out of my arms.
"So did you ask Josh a lot about me?"
"Actually, he never stops talking about you. That was till he started dating my cousin." He smiled.
"I can see you two had a thing." He said.
"Nah, not really. Well, yeas but it was a long-long time ago."
"You don't seem that old- not that you should be." He laughed, again with that contagious laugh.
"I'm not, I've only just turned 19." I say to him.
"That is young.." he trailed off.
"How old are you?" I ask him.
"22." He said as if waiting for a reaction. I smile, and slowly I start to laugh.
"Why? Why are you laughing?!" He exclaimed.
"I don't know about you, but I'm feeling twenty-twoo!" I sang, laughing at his face that was now red with laughter and embarrassment.
"I have never, ever heard that reaction to my age!" He continued to laugh. At that point we were already close to my family. I guess I laughed a little too loud because Topanga had already turned her head along with Katy and Shawn. Shawn got up to get Auggie, as he got closer he asked,
"Who's that?"
"A friend that I met a couple of days ago." I tell him as he grabs Auggie. I smile and watched him walk back to the seats and give him to Topanga. I turned toward my company,
"Thank you for helping me with Auggie. Means a lot." I put my hand on his arm and let it fall back to my side as I turned and walked toward my family.