Chapter 11

Stella POV~

"Good morning my lovey family" Riley says with a piece of paper in her hands. She opens the door and walks out.
"Strange little bird. Anyway I'm heading out. Peace out y'all." I say and walk out.

I got to school and walked into Riley's class.

"We got you a pass to go ride that sheep again!" Maya said.
"No! You gave me a pass to ride a bull! A bull! Not a mechanical bull but a real live bull!" He yells freaked out.
"Oh hey it's that bull that hates your guts too!" Zay said.
"No im not going!"
"You have to!"
"I figured! It's too late now, he's going to find out." Lucas says.
"Well lookie who I found wandering the halls." I said coming in with Pappy Joe.
"My boy Lucas is doing the most dangerous thing known to us Texans. Ain't that right little lady?" He said turning to me.
"Sure thing pappy Joe" I say with a smile. By the end of the day The Gang was on their way to Texas. Taking along my nieche and her best friend. Also taking most of their problems with them. Yes, a week off. Whoop whoop. I texted josh asking if he was down to go upstate to visit Shawn. When I mentioned Shawn he immediately agreed and said that we could teach him a few lessons about being a fun uncle.
When we arrived at his cute cabin we saw he was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans.
"Great! You look like you're losing yourself man.." Josh said laughing.
"Are you okay Shawn? You do kinda look like you're losing yourself."
"Listen little Topanga. I may or may not be having identity issues but it doesn't mean I'm not the boss." He said sassing me.
"Did you just sass me? Did he just sass me?" I ask in surprise.
"Yes. I did. Now I have strict orders to not let you out of this house without either Josh or myself being with you."
"Was this Cory's idea? One time! I get lost one time and all of a sudden I'm a danger clutz." I say exasperated.
"Where are the girls?" Shawn asked.
"Texas." Josh and I both answered. 
"What alone?! And, by the way, it's creepy when you do that."
"No. With their friends and pappy Joe."
"Who is pappy Joe?"
"Lucas' Grandfather." I say uninterested. Getting bored easily since most of my entertainment was gone and it's been 2 days.
My phone suddenly starts ringing.
"You have signal here?!" Josh asked.
"Yeah. You don't?" I ask walking out and answering

"Hello?"
"Stella?"
"Dr. Turtleneck?"
"It's dr. Cowboy now. But yeah it's me."
"Hey Farkle. What's up? Why are you calling? Everything okay over there?"
"Yes. And no."
"Okay. Go on." I say sitting on a log.
"Well right now I'm standing in a phone booth while Riley buys me ice cream." He says as if trying to point something out
"Okay. Well where's Maya?" I ask.
"She's with Lucas." He said quietly.
"Apparently Her and Riley like the same boy.. they decided that Riley liked him as a brother and Maya liked him as a boyfriend. But I think Riley is just stepping aside because Maya did that before. Or at least that's what they think." He rambled.
"And what does the scientist think?"
"I think Riley likes Lucas. More than a brother." He said.
"And Maya?" I asked him slowly guiding him to actually put what he's thinking into words.
"I think she does like him. But only because she's becoming more like Riley. She's nicer, tries harder, she's not tough like she used to be. It's weird. She actually shows she cares."
"And you don't think it's because she's maturing?" I ask him.
"No. I think it's because she's become so much like Riley she's losing herself and her identity."
"Farkle you do realize what you are telling me correct?" I ask him.
"Yes. I'm telling you it's a phycological problem she has."
"Dissociative disorder. That's what it's called. It's when you either let go of yourself because of a traumatic event or you choose to let yourself go. Darker this could turn into a really big problem. Are you absolutely sure that this is what is happening?" 
"Yes. I am Stella. I already saw the signs. There is only one way to do this."
"You want me to treat my niece and her best friend." I said stating what he was thinking.
"Yes. And no, I want you to study them sure. But don't tell them why. They would freak out." He said freaking out himself.
"And what am I supposed to say? That I just chose a random pair of friends?"
"I dunno but Riley's coming I have to go."
"We can talk about it when you get back. Don't say anything until we figure this out." I tell him. And we hang up. I can't believe he actually thinks that's what this is. It's insanity, how could she choose to lose herself, i mean yeah she can it's her choice and it doesn't matter how old you are. But a triangle? What about Josh?? What am I supposed to tell him? I say slightly panicking. When I heard the door open and close and felt a warm blanket around me I looked up and saw Shawn.
"Sit down Shawn." I tell him. And he listened and took a seat next to me.
We looked at the stars for awhile.
"Dissociative disorder." I said
"What?"
"Dissociative disorder: a mental disorder, characterized by sudden temporary alteration in consciousness, identity, or motor behavior." I say
"Did you just prescribe me?" He said.
"Yes. Because Maya is going through the same exact issue. I can treat you both but I have to do it quickly, efficiently, and unemotionally."
"Oh my gosh. I never thought that this would be possible. How did it happen to us?"
"You had too much of an influence. It can happen through a traumatic experience or you choose to do so." I explained.
"We gotta fix us. And big time." He said. And we both walked in to find Josh with popcorn and fast and furious 5 on the tv.