Chapter 23

Stella POV~
I held on tighter to Jake as I heard the two doctors run in.
"You're alive!" Dr. Palmer gasped and smiled. I smiled back as Jake pulled away still holding my hand. The nurses started drawing out blood and running different tests, running back and forth between rooms. I looked over to Jake and smiled slightly,
"Can I see- can you go get my girls? I need to see them." He smiled back and nodded. He left the room and came back minutes with two heads bobbing behind him. I smiled and reached out my arms.
"Aunt Stella!" I heard them both yell with tears. I felt my blood rush, and my heart pounding in my chest. They ran into my arms and we cried for a long time. Maya was the first to pull away,
"Don't ever do that again. Please." She begged as she let the tears fall.
"No promises." I say laughing and pulling her in again. I looked over to my niece and she was still crying.
"I never thought, I didn't think I'd ever say that." She blubbered. I smiled softly and looked at the clock. 1:17 AM. I looked over to the door and lock eyes with Jake. The girls turn and look back to me.
"You know we were so scared, mom even called Jake to tell him what happened. He was here literally 5 minutes after we arrived." Riley said to me with that face.
"Yeah, and he gave it his all to bring you back. He was so crushed when you flatlined." Maya smirked. I look back to Jake but he had already left.
"Aunty, I think that you should know that Jake didn't leave your side unless it was absolutely necessary. He was always hovering but I'm glad he brought you back." Riley says holding my hand and Maya nodding along.
"C'mon. It's late, we'll tell your parents I live late today. For now, cuddles? For old time sake?" I ask pulling them in. They giggled and took off their shoes. But every now and then I heard a sniffle. Jake came back in and smiled at the sight. I smiled back and mouthed to him,
'Thank you.'
He smiled, 'you're welcome.'
He grabbed what he came in for and walked back out, shutting the door behind him.

The next morning I was being tapped on the hand that was around Riley.
"Hey, it's me. You can open your eyes." I heard Jake say. I snapped them open and a smile found its way to my face.
"What's up?" I ask.
"I need to take one more blood test but Riley is on your arm." He laughs.
I slowly move it away from her and look away from the needle.
"You don't have to look away you know." Jake says. I look to him and bore directly into his eyes.
"I'm surprised you aren't asking how I'm awake."
"I didn't think you would want to talk about it. Remember it.
"I don't. But I would with you. After all you are the one who brought me back." I soften my gaze.
"Yeah, because sobbing at your side brought you back." He said smartly.
"Jake," I start.
"No. It's okay, I'm glad your awake and alive. You have no idea what joy it gives me. After all, I am studying to be a doctor." He stops taking my blood and then gives me a faint smile and walks out.
The girls squirm and start to stretch. They look around and look at me.
"Aunt Stella!" They tell again.
"That's my name, don't wear it out!" I say smiling.
"So it wasn't a dream!" Maya exclaimed.
"No, I did actually die and come back to life." I laugh.
"We have to tell my parents. Like right now." They run out.
They came back in and brought the entire family. Riley was smiling and I noticed a bruise slightly forming around her eye and a busted lip. I frowned but smiled as her eyes lit up. We talked for hours. Jake coming in to draw some more blood or feed me. It was cut a tad bit short when Jake said doctors wanted to speak to me.
They left and Jake came back in with two doctors.
"Stella, this is dr. Strange and you know dr. Palmer: she was your doctor when you came for check ups."
"Yes, hello. Very nice to meet you, dr. Strange." I say politely.
"Please. I know you remember me from your conscious. I left you with my memory." I look towards the door and see the lock turn on it's own.
"You aren't surprised." I heard Dr. Strange state.
"Well you did just appear in my head when I was in a coma."
"Smart one, you are." He smiled.
"So did you lock the door for a reason or?" I ask.
"We think you might be gifted."
"With a smart brain, yeah? I could've told you that."
"No. I mean you might have the power to take people's powers."
"What like rogue from the X-men comics?" I ask confused.
"Exactly." Jake finally piped up.
"How's that even possible?" I shake my head.
"You have extra chromosomes just floating around your DNA. However, when you touched Dr. strange you took some of his magic. Those chromosomes somehow became Strange's DNA. That's how you were able to withstand the test of the door." Jake explains.
"So you're telling me I have powers like Thor? Are they long term?" I ask.
"So far, yes. It's been a day and a half. And they're still his DNA. So I'm assuming they wear off after awhile. If not, then you would be the most powerful mutant known to man. How is it that you know about Thor?" Dr. Palmer asked. Jake walked out as I heard talking outside.
"Well he leveled a small state.." I state.
"How did- how do you remember that?" Dr. Strange looked at me incredulously.
"Well you can't unsee a god fight against a robot."
"He's here." Jake poked his head in.
"We brought someone for you to meet."
A man with sunglasses came in and stood in the middle of the room. He stopped right at the door of my bed and took off his glasses dramatically.

"I'm agent Phil Coulson. I'm here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative."