Chapter 22

Stella POV~
I saw black. That was all I would see. But I could hear, I could hear Jake telling me to fight, to hold on. I could hear Topanga saying that I'm a fighter, with her light sobbing. I could hear how sick I was. I was sitting in the middle of the darkness, my darkness. I knew I wasn't my mother's child, I looked nothing like them. So I sat there patiently, but I saw a bright light. A silhouette of a man with a... a cape. Huh, that's different.

"Who are you? What are you doing in my head? Get out." I say to the silhouette.
"I am here to help you. I know it's hard to believe but there is something that you need to do." He explained what I needed to do and I agreed to help. I sat back down and waited. Until I heard a voice that is much more familiar, the voice of the one I once loved.
"Stella, stellar. I need you to wake up, please. You need to fight this. But knowing you, your sitting patiently until your time. Which is when you decide to fight back, but I need you to fight now. That darkness you see, I get it. But you need to use your light, yours only. I'm sorry for how I've been acting. I just I'm trying to figure out what this friendship means, more than friends or friends? Anyway, I'm truly sorry. And I will always love you as a friend." I started to hyperventilate, this is my opportune moment. I felt the darkness pushing against my heart, the heaviness. I headed towards the door that Strange left me. I was to go through it, pass the test, and come back. The darkness continued to push against me.
"No! I have to get home. My girls, they need me." I say to the darkness that has latched on.
I see my hand had began to shake so I fought harder.
"Let. Me. Go. I need to get back, my sister. My family. Jake." I say. I start to see light, images. My life, flashing before my eyes.
"No. I'm not going to die. Not like this. Stupid darkness. That's why I didn't like you in he first place." I pushed on. So close to that dumb blue door.
"Come on, Stella."
"...My girl just flatlined." I heard. No, that's not possible, how did I flatline? I continued, now crawling from the weight as I heard a sob, my sister.
"No!" I yell as I reached for the door. I touched the door and it shocked me.
"What the fu-" I go to touch again, shocked, again.
"Okay- weird." I stayed, waiting while fighting the darkness.
"Stupid door, I'd be awake by now if you didn't shock me."
"..Not her. I won't lose her."
"NO! Come on, Jake! You know I'm alive." I touched the blue door and felt no shock and I heard a beep, silence, beep. Yes! Come on, Stella! Push harder! I hyped myself. I pulled the door wide open and reached out. Next thing I know, I shot up in a hospital bed. I reached out to Strange and shocked him. But fell back into darkness after.

"Time of.. death: 3:16 AM." I heard my doctor's voice say. Then I saw Strange.
"I did what I had to! I did everything like you said! Why didn't it work?" I yell to him with tears on my face. He looked at me with sorrow.
"I don't know. I'm sorry, I just thought that you could give it a shot."
"My.. my family, Jake. They need me." I cry.
"I'm sorry, but the test was for you to have a pure heart. The heart of a hero, a savior." I shook my head and weeped into my arms. I heard him leave and listened to what my family had to say.
First, was my big sister, the one I loved wholeheartedly.
"Oh God, Stella. I'm so sorry I failed you, I didn't help at all except to cry. You were the stronger out of the both of us, firmer in spirit. I'll hold you in my heart forever, even after death." I heard her take a shaky breath and sob. I wanted to reach out, but was shocked by electricity. I tried again and still, the same outcome. I listen again,

"Stella, you were always there when I needed your help in picking something for your sister, you worked your hardest to get where you were and you did it out of spite to that teacher who told you that you couldn't. You sure showed him."
"Yeah. What a sexist pig." I say. But with no answer.
"..you'll always be in our family's center, because it was you who helped us become one." I heard Cory say. I wiped a tear and slowly closed my eyes. I could see them, I was standing at the head of my bed, I saw Jake holding my hand, Topanga and Cory holding each other, the girls holding each other, Shawn holding a crying Katy, and a Josh that was watching the entire thing. The girls opened their mouths as if to begin to say something but just began to cry again. Shawn and Katy didn't say anything, knowing that she didn't like it when they cried. I went to touch them but would pass right through them. Everyone left the room leaving Jake alone with my cold (slowly turning gray) body.he looked down to our hands.

"You know, I was in love with you in high school, I know it's a little late for this but I think I should say it. I fell in love with you the minute I helped you pick up those books back in Philadelphia. I always wanted to tell you, but a part of me knew, knew that you'd pick Josh either way. And I thought that's how it'd always be. I'm sorry I failed to bring you back for your girls. I fought so hard just to let you down." I saw a single tear fall. I stood across from him seeing the love and agony in his eyes, knowing he truly meant it. My eyes widened in realization, I stopped pushing because I felt a shock, I felt pain but pain is relatively simple. You sacrifice something.
I went back into the darkness and found that blue door. I stared into it as if it had a soul and reached for the knob. It shocked me, but I kept my hand there. There is no way that pain is gonna hold me back from seeing my girls, my family, including Jake. I opened the door, grimacing at the pain and walked through it. Feeing pins and needles all over my body, my blood stopping cold. I couldn't breath because of the pain. Once I walked in, I closed my eyes. I continued through the pain and opened my eyes. I turned my head every so slightly and bore right into Honey colored eyes that were on my left side, a hand holding mine tightly. I smiled slightly, still in pain that coming back to life caused.

"I'm back." I rasped and I heard him press a button and then threw his arms around me as I put mine around him.