Chapter 3

Stella~

I woke up to my phone ringing and knocking at my door.
"Hello?" I answered sleepily
"You know, you're supposed to be working while you study."
"Ma, I don't start school till next year"
"Still. You should be taking a pre-program or something."
"I see Josh told you he's doing that, huh?" I said while smiling. I got up and started getting ready to go to work. I wore a floral shirt, and my leather jacket with jeans, and heels. I curled my hair slightly and minimal makeup.
"Ma, look I gotta go to work. I'll call you soon, alright?"
"Fine. Don't forget-"
"Don't forget to do a pre-program or something, yes, ma, I will"
"I love you and be careful."
"I love you too and I always am." I said smiling while walking towards my car.

I walk into the school and I hear Cory's voice. I laugh at what they are saying and continue walking. I am now a counselor at John Quincy Adams middle school. I'm young but I got my phD just last year. I say in my office sent emails here and there and my phone rang.
"Stellar! Guess what!?"
"Umm you spilled food on yourself?" I guessed confused as to why he was calling when he knows I'm at work.
"No! Try again!" He said well, screamed.
"Uhh-"
"You take too long! I got accepted to join the summer pre-program that I was telling you about!"
"Ohhh!!! That's great Joshy!" I said happy that he got accepted which means I'll have him here all summer. Oh, summer nights.
"I know! I'm on my way to Cory's apartment. I hope I do good at the appointment."
"I'm sure you'll do great, Josh. Besides how are you not. I mean look at you. Just be you and you'll do great!" I said encouraging him.
"Thanks S! You're the best" he said and hung up. I could leave now so I gathered my stuff.

I got home to a lot of drama. Like a lot. I saw Lucas at the door and he just stood there.
"Whatcha doing there howdy?" I said confused.
"Mr. Matthews just slammed the door in my face.." He said a little upset.
"You could've waited for me. I have a key" I said showing him.
"Oh yeah! After you." He said politely.
I opened the door and looked at everyone.
"Look what I found outside. Anyone wanna tell me what is going on?" I said to them.
"Well you see here," Maya started saying, "Riley wants to go on her first date and Lucas wants to be her first date. But Mr. Matthews doesn't want to give him his blessing." She finished explaining.
"This is what it's about?? Seriously Cory?!" I said, "are you forgetting that you had your first date when you were six?" I asked cracking up.
"Is this about a historical event?" Cory said, "because I can only talk about historical events."
"Yes."
"Oh then sure!" He said
"I want your permission to go out with your daughter." Lucas said.
"You tricked me!" Cory freaked.
"That's right, I lied right in yo' face." I'm assuming Lucas said mimicking Cory.
The door opened and revealed Josh.
"Hey kiddies" he said excitedly, "I just came to say that I signed up for the NYU pre-program and I will be here all summer."
"That's great! Now tell your niece she's too young to go on her first date." Cory told him and pushed him toward Riley as he turned to me and I smiled at him, laughing at Cory.
"Niece." He started, "What'd you say?" He asked me suddenly turning around.
"Nothing. I reminded Cory he went on his first date when he was six." I said laughing even harder.
"Oh well in that case. What took you guys so long? Welcome to the party. Enjoy." He told them while pushing them together.
"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" Cory said freaking out even more. I was just in the sidelines with Auggie laughing our butts off.
"I'll go to the party with you Josh." Maya told him.
"Still too old for you Maya." He told her.
"Three years! What's three years in the history of love? You know, they found caveman skeletons. A man and a woman. They don't know how old they were but that doesn't matter because all that mattered was that they were holding hands." She said really fast. Josh backed up, weirded out.
"Okay Maya," he started but was cut off by said girl.
"Keep looking at me." She told him.
"Oh look at the time, I have to be downstairs for my first appointment." He said suddenly,
"Wait, I thought that was until-" I started but he kissed my cheek and left to go down to the bakery.
The door opened a few minutes later, and Dr. Turtle neck him self walked through the the door.
"Whoa. What's going on?" He said confused
"What's going on Farkle, is that Lucas wants my blessing." Cory explains.
"You want it?" Cory asked him,
"Yes,sir."
"You got it." He said.
"Really? Because I got a cow in the elevator.." Farkle apparently, said
"What? Why would you-" I started but stopped, "please tell me you weren't going to trade your daughter for a cow?" I asked but knew the answer.
"What?!" Topanga asked
"Not really. Anyway coming back to the date stuff ish. I want this to be a double date. If you go with him, then you, have to go with him." Cory said while turning Maya to turtleneck.
"Well this just got interesting." I said.
"What-" Maya started,
"I mean it Maya." He said seriously.
"So Maya, would you like to whatever he's doing with her?" Farkle asked her.
"Fine. Whatever." She said boringly.
After Lucas and Farkle left we went down to the bakery.
"I'm glad you said yes to go on a date with Farkle." I heard Riley say behind me.
"It's not a date." Maya said.
"So are you saying my date isn't really a date?"
"No, no. Yours is actually growing up, right of passage. " she told her.
"Oh! Okay."
They stopped talking for a moment and I got the cookies we wanted and headed back to them and saw Riley holding Maya in place.
"Maya do you trust me?" She asked seriously.
"With my life." She replied.
"Then don't turn around." She said.
I turned and saw Josh flirting with the girl from NYU. Uh oh.
"Oh I forgot. I'm still me." She said and turned around as saw me blocking and then she looked over my shoulder.
"You know what the best part about going out with Farkle is.. No matter what happens, I won't get hurt." She said sadly. I handed them the cookies and told them to go ahead. I put on the apron of the bakery and walked over there.
"Everything okay here?" I asked politely while also stopping the conversation from continuing.
"Ste-yeah everything is okay. Thank you." Josh said looking at me like I'm crazy.
"Would you like refills on your drinks?" I asked.
"No. Thank you." Josh said tightly, his eyes saying go away.
"Alright then. If you need me I'll be around." I said smirking.
"Does she know you?" I heard the girl ask.
"Uhh yeah. I know her. She works here every night. Her sister owns the bakery." He told her.
"Ohh how nice."
I left after they did and got back home and went into Riley's room.
"Whoa chica. You look like your father won't let you reach the door. Maya, for a girl who doesn't care, you're giving Farkle like eighty-four percent" I said laughing.
"We just said that. How'd you know we said that?" Maya said.
"Sister telekinesis." Topanga and I said together.
"Huh." Maya said.
"Well chop chop you don't have all day."
I took them out of the room and before Maya left I grabbed her.
"I don't care what you saw, it isn't what it seems. You're strong so put your game face on. You're beautiful so enjoy yourself." I said to her seriously.
"I know. I will, thank you." She said hugging me.
"You're welcome." I hugged her back and let her go.

3rd person~

"..they're our friends Farkle. If you run out of words I'll be.." The Texan stopped talking seeing as his date looked beautiful.
"Whoa look at Maya, she's giving me like eighty-four percent." Farkle said
"You know the moments in life you'll always remember?" Lucas told Riley
"Yeah." She said quietly
"This is one of them."
They got onto the train and chatted but was cut short when Lucas saw Josh.
Maya looked over to him and saw him with the same girl from the bakery.
'So I guess Stella was wrong..' Maya thought.
"Sophie, Sophie, I thought we were getting along. I mean weren't you smiling a lot?" He said hopefully.
"I'm going to be a junior, junior. I got a couple of years on you don't I?" She said.
"What? You think three years matters at our age?" He kept insisting.
"Yeah, I do." She said and got off the train. He stayed in place looking upset as Maya walked towards him.
"Maya" Josh said as he looked up.
"She pulled the three years older card on you huh?" She said softly
"Yeah, I feel like I really put myself out there."
"Oh. I can't possibly identify with your pain. Caveman. Footprints. Hold hands." She said jokingly, they both laughed.
"Hurts doesn't it?" He told her, feeling guilty, "How do you deal with it?"
"I've got this dungeon of sadness." She told,
"Oh yeah? You got me in there?" He asked her,
"Oh yeah. You and a whole flock of ballerinas." She admitted.
They laughed and he smiled at her one last time and got up and left the train. "What happened to your date?" Maya asked Riley when she saw her there.
"We had a good time, then my best friend got all needy." She said sarcastically,
"I'm sorry." Maya apologized
"It's okay, I know you'll repay someday." Riley said smiling.
"How about now?" Maya said, grabbing Riley's wrist.
"Again?" Riley said happily. Maya pushed her as the train took off. And Riley ended up on Lucas' lap like the first time they met.
"Hi. We were just talking about you" Riley said.
"Hi." Lucas said.
"You know those moments in life that you'll always remember?"
"Yeah.." Lucas said curiously.

Riley grabbed his face and kissed him.

Stella~
"AUNTIE STELLA!" Maya yelled
I jolted awake when she yelled in my ear.
"What is it? What happened?" I asked panicking.
"Riley kissed Lucas." Maya whispered.
"What?!" I said
"I know! I also talked to Josh like a normal person."
"Whoa. A lot happened then." I said fixing my hair.
"Yeah. I'd like to thank you for encouraging me. Means a lot." She said quietly.
"Of course, Maya. I told you I'd help you with anything. You can trust me. Both of you can." I said turning to Riley who was hiding in the shadows.
"Now go to bed" I said to them, "We'll talk in the morning."
"Goodnight Auntie Stella." They both said and laid with me on the bed and we went to sleep.