Chapter 14: truth behind the lies

(I do not own this sigil, the one who made it her Tumblr is on the picture so check it out if you're interested!!)
-------
Verna curled against Dreamers hard chest, thoughts danced in her mind. Would he still want her? A freak like her?
"I wish I could see your mind" His voice was soft, staring down at the small woman in his arms who held a surprised expression on her face.
"No, you don't" her lips were pulled into a right line, "you'd go crazy".
"Where all a little crazy" he grinned, she smiled back at him. It was sweet that he wanted to know her but she couldn't let her secrets slip, there were things that even he couldn't deal with.
"You're sweet" Verna touches his chest lovingly, a fire burned in his gaze. She wanted to kiss him once more, bury herself in his strong embrace and never get hurt again.
Dreamer held her tightly, walking her into the living room and setting her carefully onto the couch. He made his way to the kitchen, she could hear the sizzling of grease on a pan. Verna sat back against the couch, eyes closed and head leaned back against the cushions.
'Don't get comfy, your life is coming to an end' the voice crooned, she froze heart lurching.
'It's true' the soft normally comforting voice says sadly, Verna frowned. Her voices never agreed with each other. They must be telling the truth. Her life would soon come to an end.
"Verna?" Dreamers voice snapped her from her thoughts, her Amber eyes fluttered open to see food on a plate in front of her. She smiled to him, taking it from his hands and picking at the beautifully cooked grilled cheese.
"It's all I know how to make" dreamer laughed, Verna pulled it to her mouth eating slowly as she nodded to him with a small smile. Dreamer wraps a blanket carefully around her, almost as if she was a injured bird, it touched her that he cared enough to make her comfortable.
She set the sandwich onto the table, a determined look crossing her features. She wanted to give back to him, to make him as happy as he made her. This was her only chance.
Verna pushed herself up, crawling to dreamer and settling herself into his lap. Straddling him, she pressed her lips to his.
He made her feel alive, she had never felt that way before. It was crazy that one person could make her feel so whole, he made her feel like she was capable of love of something more. Something she was never given the chance to have.
----
Dull Amber eyes scanned her surroundings, people walked past almost as if they were in slow motion. She didn't focus on their faces, the only face she wanted to see was that of her parents. But they didn't bother to show up, why would they? She was broken. Unfixable. A monster dressed as a human.
'It'll be okay, don't worry draw your sigils. They'll make everything okay.' The soft voice whispers, she grabbed the marker from the basket. Her hands moved slowly; drawing patterns on her arm, her hand, anywhere she could reach. She wanted to feel safe again. Her sigil was suppose to help. Lucifer said so.
'They're just drawings, fool, they'll never help you. The nurse will think your crazy and you'll never get out of this place.' The other voice cackled, pushing at her skull and giving her a migraine. She clutched her head, keeping her whimpers quiet.
Verna stood; drawing sigils on her walls, her windows, her bed frame, she wanted them everywhere.
Protection.
Happiness.
Relief.
Healing.
Positivity.
Strength.
Warding.
Everything she needs to live.
"What the fuck?" She turns, white hair whipping to the side as she saw Michael. He gave her a look of disgust and hatred, she slammed her palm over her protection sigil. Panic flowing through her, Michael dropped to his knees. The sigil reacting to his intent to do harm to her, she was protected by her friend.
Micheal coughed, blood spurting from his mouth. She pressed her body to her sigil, she didn't want him to die but fear kept her from helping him.
"Help!" He screamed, hands covered in his own blood. A female nurse walked into the room and screamed, calling for help.
Verna Amber eyes were wide and filled with fear, she couldn't tear her gaze away from his. Deep seething hatred filled his gaze, silently he had promised to make her wish she was dead.
-----
Verna pressed herself against his back, he took her upstairs to sleep and had rolled over snoring loudly. She smiled, her fingers dancing across his muscular back. Verna turned and grabbed the bedside pen that he had kept there if she didn't want to speak. She carefully drew the protection sigil on his back, pressing her palms to the pattern and filling it with her energy. It would keep him safe even when she couldn't.