One

"Please come with me, Nat. It'll be fun!"

"No, I don't see the point. I don't watch the show."

"Well yeah but wouldn't it be cool to post pictures with the cast and have everyone think you're so incredibly lucky to have met them?"

I've never been a fan of the vampire diaries. My best friend Amy started watching it back in 2009 when it aired, but I never got into it like she did. I did take a particular liking to Damon though. I would always look up at the TV screen when he was there. Now she had invited me to a meet up with the cast, and I was debating whether or not to go.

"Ian Somerhalder will be there." she teased, knowing how much I liked him.

Should I go with her?

No, I should let an actual fan go.

But Ian Somerhalder is soooo hot!

Hm.

"Fine." I said, rolling my eyes and trying to seem like I wasn't excited at all.

"Yay!!" Amy exclaimed, pulling me into a tight hug, "it's going to be so much fun!"

It was the Saturday 20th August and Amy and I had flown from London to LA for the convention. I was in the passenger seat of our rental car, listening to the top 40 charts and on our way to meet the cast. The summer heat meant we could put down the convertible roof and enjoy the breeze.

We knew we were in the right place when Amy spotted the seemingly endless line of babbling fans outside of a large building. In the end we concluded that the queue circled around one block. We found a parking lot and ran to the back of the queue. The wait was..... interesting. We saw two guys fighting over whether Nina Dobrev or Candice King was hotter, met two new friends called Emma and Liv, and we made several runs to Starbucks (and the loo).

When the wait was finally over, Amy handed me my ticket and we walked into the building. As we entered the room of the meet up, I was for once thankful for my long legs because I could see over all of the crowds to the stage. The cast did a small show and then it was time to properly meet them. This line was a lot shorter than the one outside but it felt like I was waiting forever! However, when it was eventually our turn, I froze and Amy had to drag me to the front then shove me into a photo. I managed to gain control of myself for a split second and smile for the shot.

"Nervous, huh?" a voice said into my ear. Upon realizing who it was I froze all over again.

Keep it cool, Nat. Keep it cool.

"Um, yeah." I squeaked in a attempt to reply.

Well done Natalie! Whatever happened to keeping it cool?!

I scanned the room for Amy, but she was happily taking pictures and chatting away to various actors.

"So what's your name? How old are you? Where are you from?"

"Natalie25London" I blurted out.

This was too awkward. I muttered something I thought sounded like a goodbye and hurried off to stand by the exit.

***

"Wow! That was so much fun!" Amy exclaimed as we walked back to the car.

"Maybe for you, but I completely blew it. He probably thought I was a complete weirdo." I replied sulkily.

"Aw don't worry about it," Amy said while pulling me into a hug, "I'm sure he gets fans like that all the time."

"Yeah but that means he probably thinks all of us are weirdos!"

"You know what? Lets go to that restaurant we saw on the way here and you can tell me all about it. The food will probably make you feel better as well."

"Ok, sure."