Thirty Seven

Three words:

Pretty. Little. Liars.

If you haven't watched the summer finale you are missing out on life. That show leaves me dumbfounded all the time. Eek. It was amazing. And if you don't watch the show, start it. Right after you finish reading this chapter. K? Thanks. Bye.

Goodbye's are always so hard. Why do they have the word 'good' in them? There's nothing good about saying goodbye to a loved one, or even someone who isn't loved. There's no way of ever being able to tell if it's just a 'see you later' or a true 'goodbye'. You never know if you'll say 'hello' again. The last goodbye I said to Liam was spoken as a 'see you later', but little did I know he was going to go away forever later that day. Granted, I did see him before he went, but I didn't get to say a proper 'goodbye'. That was because I didn't know that I needed to. And that is why saying goodbye is so hard. And that is also why I found myself crying into Ian's chest at the airport. 

"It'll be okay, Natalie." he murmured into my hair. "You'll go home and see all of your friends and family again and you'll Skype me at least twice a week. Everything will be normal. The only thing that should be different is that you'll know I'm here, waiting very impatiently to see you again in a few months."

I smiled slightly when he said he'd be impatient. 

"Do you promise to message me everyday?" I asked hopefully. 

"Of course." he replied, hugging me tighter.

Suddenly, a woman's voice could be heard on the loud speaker. 

"Flight 127 to London is boarding in thirty minutes."

I lifted my head up and placed a soft kiss on Ian's lips. 

"I have to go." I whispered.

"I know."

After a couple more kisses and another super tight hug, Amy and I walked away from Ian, towards our flight.

When we got on the plane we found our seats and got settled in. As we took off from the ground, I watched the airport get smaller and smaller, already thinking of when I would see Ian again.

"Goodbye, Ian Somerhalder." I whispered to myself.

Author's note: Very short, I know, but I'm quite rushed at the moment and I felt like this chapter should just be for saying goodbye. Nothing else. xx