Twenty

*Ian's POV*

Natalie went to the bathroom. She had only been gone for thirty seconds when I got an idea. A prank. I jumped into the pool.

Oh my god it's freezing!

I waited in the middle of the pool until I heard Natalie opening the door. Then I went limp, and floated face down in the water. I didn't expect much of a reaction. But it would be fun anyway. 

That was until I heard a gut wrenching scream, and brought my head up in time to see Natalie racing to wards the door.

"Natalie!" I cried, but she ignored me.

*Natalie's POV*

I ran inside the house, tears welling up in my eyes. I heard Ian calling after me, but blanked him. I was terrified. Seeing him like that brought back memories of Liam. I couldn't deal with it.

"AMY!" I called. 

"What?" she answered, annoyed. The anger soon left when she saw me though.

"What happened?" she asked, her voice full of concern. 

Paul stood up from his seat looking really worried.

"Where's Ian? Do I need to punch him?"

"No, no, don't punch him." I said.

I led Amy to the side and told her what happened. She barged past everyone and outside to confront him while everyone else comforted me. They didn't know what happened but they knew I needed their hugs. 

*Ian's POV*

I was confused. I didn't know why she reacted that way. I made my way towards the door but Amy came out, blocking my way.

"Why the hell would you do that?!" she demanded, eyes blazing with anger.

"I-I didn't know that she would be so sensitive. Is she ok?"

Amy stared at me, a puzzled look on her face. 

"She didn't tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"Oh my god I thought she had. You need to go and apologize to her right now. And she will explain it to you."

"Why? What is it?" I asked, practically begging her to tell me.

"Just go inside, and apologize." 

"NOW!" she added, when I didn't move. 

I backed away, slightly scared, heading inside to find Natalie.

*Natalie's POV*

I was mid-hug with Kat when Ian walked in, soaking wet and a look of pure guilt plastered on his face. I noticed everyone giving him evils and murmured for them to stop. I stood up and approached him, tears still prominently dripping from my eyes. 

"Look," he began, "I'm sorry for doing that. I didn't realize how upset you would get."

"Well, why would you? It's not like I've mentioned anything about it before."

"Yeah, Amy said there was something you should tell me, so that I could understand."

I nodded and sighed.

"Daniel, is there anywhere private we could go?"

"Yeah, um, there's a spare room upstairs and straight ahead. Just don't get up to anything while you're......making up." he smirked and winked at me. I rolled my eyes and assured him we wouldn't. 

We went to the room and I settled on the bed, patting the place next to me for Ian to sit down. He obliged, not saying a word. 

I took a deep breath and he stroked my hand, showing me that it was okay.