Forty Two

There are so many words to describe my parents' cooking. The main one being DELICIOUS.

Honestly, if you ever feel upset or angry, just come the house of Keith and Amanda Shipman. You won't regret it. 

We were sat eating some of this delicious cooking, when my dad started talking.

"So, Natalie, I don't want to know the full story," he began.

Oh here we go. 

"But who is this man you have gotten yourself involved with?"

"Well, his name is Ian Somerhalder. He is an actor in that TV show Amy is obsessed with-"

"You mean that vampire rubbish?" he interrupted.

"Yeah, the vampire diaries." I said, earning a disapproving look from my dad. "And I met him at the meet and greet last Monday. Then he ended up having dinner with us in a restaurant along with two other cast members."

"Who were they?" he asked.

"Paul Wesley and Kat Graham."

"Okay, I don't even know who they are, but continue."

"Right, so he asked me on a date the next day and it was really nice. Amy and I ended up hanging out with some of the female cast members at a spa, then we hung out with the male ones as well, and I spent a lot of time with Ian. So yesterday morning he asked me to be his girlfriend. And I said yes."

Dad was silent throughout the whole explanation, and when I was finished he sat for a few more moments, thinking it over. 

"Well, does he treat you right?" he finally questioned, breaking the silence. 

I sighed. "Yes Dad, he does."

"Well then I'm happy if you're happy." he grinned at me from across the table. 

I smiled and looked around at Mum and Saskia. They had amused smirks on their faces from the previous conversation. We continued to talk about Saskia's love life, and how her long term relationship was still going strong.

I might be two years older than her, but Saskia always gets more boys. 

We chatted at the table for at least half an hour after finishing the food, before my Dad said he'd clean up and the three of us -My mum, Saskia and I- went to the living room to finish my story of last week. 

"Where were we?" I asked, glancing at the two of them.

"Umm, you were out on the balcony and he was about to ask you something."

"Oh, yeah. Right, so, he asked me to sit on his lap," we all chuckled at this. "And I did. Then he asked me to be his girlfriend." 

The other two gasped and looked at me, their faces full of excitement. 

"What was your reaction?!"

"I-I ran away." I told them, receiving confused expressions all around. 

I went on to tell them about his cute words and how I eventually said yes. They were over the moon.

"So when do we get to meet him?" Saskia squealed

I thought about it for a moment. "Well, when I've finished writing the book, I'm going to invite him here and surprise him with it. So that'll probably be in around two months."

Their faces fell. 

"TWO MONTHS?!" they screeched.

"Yes."

"Well can you at least give us his number so we can..... chat to him?" Mum asked, an innocent smile plastered on her face. 

I knew exactly what she meant. They wanted to interrogate him .

I chuckled. "Okay."

After giving them his number, I decided it was probably time to go home. I said my goodbyes and got into my car.

I took the long route home, basking in the familiarity of the streets and jamming out to my favourite playlist. 

I'd missed Britain. As much as I missed America, I was extremely happy to be home. 

When I arrived back at my house, I changed into comfy pajamas and drifted off to sleep. Today had been a good day. 

A/N: Thanks so much for 1K reads! It means a lot :)

Also I got my hair cut and I love it soooooo much!