Twenty Two

*Ian's POV*

It was 3am and we were still at Daniel's. We had decided to just stay the night, considering it was an hours drive home and we were all slightly drunk. It was me, Amy, Daniel, Paul and Phoebe sat on the couch watching stupid TV shows. Everyone else had gone home, except Natalie, who was sleeping in the spare bedroom. Daniel was flicking through channels, not paying attention to what was on the screen. I think Phoebe and Paul had fallen asleep in each other's arms. No one was really talking. We were all too tired for that.

Suddenly I heard yelling from the spare room. 

"No! Liam! No! Come back!"

Amy and I shared a look of panic and we dashed into the room to find a sleeping Natalie thrashing around on the bed and calling out the same thing over and over again.

I jumped onto the bed, kneeling beside her. I grabbed a shoulder and held it steady. 

"Natalie," she didn't wake up, "Natalie!" I raised my voice, so she'd hear me. 

She jumped awake and took a moment to take in her surroundings. Her eyes looked into mine for a moment before she burst out in tears.

"It was so horrible!" she whimpered, sobbing into the crook of my neck.

"It's okay, baby. It was just a nightmare. We're here now. You're okay." I whispered comforting words into her ear. "do you want to tell me about it?"

She shook her head no and I didn't say anything else, just held her to me, comforting her however I could.

Amy walked into the room with a glass of water and Natalie sat back, sipping it silently.

"You should probably go back to sleep." I said, knowing it wasn't good for her to stay awake now.

"Will you stay with me?" she murmured.

"Of course," I said, kissing her forehead.

*Natalie's POV*

Ian said he would stay with me for the rest of the night. I was about to get comfortable under the duvet when I realized I was still wearing my shorts and bikini top. I fished around in my bag and found a t-shirt and some clean underwear. It would have to do. Ian went to get ready in the bathroom and came back wearing nothing but his boxers. I giggled when I saw him. He looked amazing. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and got into the bed. Ian joined me and I snuggled up to him, soon drifting off to sleep.