Twenty Nine

I couldn't believe it. All of my new friends had just organised a meet up without me. And then gloated about it in the group chat. It was suspicious. But mainly I was just hurt. Even Amy, my life long best friend, was joining in. I hated it. My attempts not to get upset flew out of the window when tears started sliding down my cheeks. 

Were they even real friends? Did they ever like me? What was going on?

Suddenly, my thoughts came to an abrupt stop when the hotel room's phone started ringing. I sniffed and wiped away my tears.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver.

"Hi there! Is this Miss Shipman?" a professional women's voice spoke back.

"Yes, it is."

"Great! There's a man here to see you. Can I send him up?"

"Sure, why not." I replied in a dull tone.

"Perfect! Thank you!" she chirped.

"Have a nice day!" I finished, with the nicest tone I could muster. 

I put the phone down and waited on the sofa, until there was a knock on the door. I got up and shuffled to it, checking my blotchy, tear stained face in the mirror as I went. When I opened the door I was not expecting Ian to be stood there. Let alone Ian stood there with a smile on his face. I turned around and trudged back to the living room.

"What do you want?" I asked, moodily.

"I'm here to see you." He replied softly.

"Are you sure you're not here to rub in the fact that no one wants to hang out with me?" I demanded.

"Nope, I'm definitely here to see you."

I sighed. "Why?" I asked.

"Because I want to spend the last day of your vacation here with you."

"Well, you'd be the only one." I grumbled.

"Yeah....um, I kind of asked them to do that so that I could be alone with you today. They don't actually hate you. They feel awful."

Hearing that lightened my mood slightly. "Really?"

"Yes." he replied, his smile returning. 

I smiled too. It was a small smile. But at least it was a smile. He hugged me and I hugged back, happy that I wasn't actually hated by all. I shoved him backwards so he was laying down on the sofa, before diving on top of him. 

"Ouch!" he whispered, as I lowered my head to his, grinning. I kissed him. It wasn't just a short peck, it was long and passionate like the first one we ever shared. When we pulled away, I nuzzled my head into his chest and we lay there for a few moments. 

"I should probably text Paul and tell him you're not mad anymore." Ian broke the silence. 

I nodded my head and rolled off of him to the floor, creating a loud thud. Ian chuckled at me and got his phone out. 

***

Ian

Hey! Everything's fine now. She's happy again!

Paul

Good good! When are you gonna ask her?

Ian

I'm not sure. Was thinking maybe in a little while I'll order room service and we'll cuddle up to watch a film then maybe ask her then?

Paul

Sounds like a plan! Amy said she loves chocolate fudge cake and vanilla ice cream btw!

Ian

Good to know! Tell her thank you.

Paul

Will do. Have a great day! ;)