Forty Five

"Ethan!" I screeched, practically jumping into his arms.

"Hey, there, Natty!" he replied, wrapping his arms around me in a familiar bear hug. 

After a few minutes of hugging in the doorway, he awkwardly broke the silence.

"So.... can I come in?"

"Oh," I said, realizing that I hadn't invited Ethan in yet. I stepped aside and gestured for him to enter. 

He walked past me and went straight to the living room. I rolled my eyes as I closed the door. 

"This place is nice. You've done well." He commented, wandering around, inspecting photos and ornaments stationed in the room. 

I chuckled. "Uh, thanks, I guess. Do you want something to drink?"

"A coffee would be good, thanks."

Nodding, I went into the kitchen and started making drinks for the two of us. 

"Three spoons of coffee, with two sugars and a splash of milk." I muttered to myself as I recalled Ethan's coffee preferences. 

"How did you remember?" a voice piped up from behind me, making me jump.

"God, Ethan! You scared me." I cried, gaining a laugh from him. 

"Seriously though, how did you remember that?" he asked.

"I don't know, I guess I made your coffee so many times, I memorized it."

Ethan nodded in satisfaction, reaching behind me to grab his mug. 

As he walked away he called back to me. "I believe yours is one spoon of coffee with one sugar and extra milk?" 

I grinned. "That would be correct." I replied, following him and sitting down on the sofa with my legs on his lap. 

We sat in silence for a moment. Ethan sipped his drink and looked around the room some more while I studied his face. I had to admit, I'd barely recognized him when I opened the door. His light brown hair was longer and he styled it in a messy, but still attractive way. The guy had grown actual muscles- a change from the scrawny Ethan I used to know- along with facial hair. Overall, twenty six year old Ethan was a sight to behold. 

I bet you're wondering, who's Ethan? Well, Ethan was Amy and I's best friend in University. We always hung out in a small group. The two of them dated for a while but ended up deciding to just be friends. It was sort of weird, actually, how they managed to be normal friends again with no complications after dating. I wasn't complaining, though. The three of us were inseparable. We went pretty much everywhere together. That was until Ethan moved to Exeter, leaving me and Amy in London. The drive between both cities was around three hours, but due to busy work schedules and new found relationships, we never found time to see each other and slowly drifted apart. 

"What are you doing here anyways?" I asked him. 

____________________________________

A/N: Okay school is back tomorrow (Yay for me! (not)) so my updates will be much less frequent. I'll aim for two a week but I can't guarantee anything. School is my main priority right now as I'm going into my GCSE's so I can't be as focused on Wattpad. Sorry, I hope you understand. xx