Thirty Nine

*Ring Ring* 

*Ring Ring*

I groaned, rolling out of bed onto the floor. I crawled to the other side of the room and picked up my home phone.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Natalie! Honey! I didn't know if you would be home yet!"

"Hi, mum." I instantly perked up. "Why are you calling if you didn't know I'd be here?"

"Well I had to check." she said simply.

"Uh huh." I said, getting distracted by my hair in the mirror.

"Anyways," she explained, "I was wondering if you'd like to come for dinner tonight. I believe you have something to tell us all." Her voice became incredibly suggestive by the end of her sentence. 

I sighed. "Mum, just tell me what you know."

She chuckled on the other end of the line. "I know that your sister showed me several photographs of you getting very close with a celebrity. I believe his name is Ian?"

Saskia! Of course she would tell mum and dad. I'd have to have a chat with her later.

"Oh, yeah. I'll tell you everything tonight, I promise." I said, praying that she'd get off of the phone as soon as possible. 

"Ok dear. But I expect to know every single detail." 

"And you will. But I have to go now."

"Alright then. I love you Natalie!"

"I love you too, mum" I cooed, before hanging up and plopping back down on my bed. My sister and I had always been very open with our mum. We shared everything with each other. Even the things that seem inappropriate to share, were always appropriate in our house. This is why I knew I could tell them everything that had happened between me and Ian. It wasn't like there's anything super inappropriate anyways. Only kissing. 

I shuffled into the kitchen and looked through the cupboards for any food. I grabbed my unopened box of cheerios and went to the fridge to grab the milk. It was out of date, considering I'd been away for a week, so I put on a coat and my converse, before driving out to the shop to buy milk and some other things like bread and chocolate. 

When I got home, I made my cereal along with some tea, then I took my laptop out of my still packed suitcase and opened up the folder named 'Ian<3'.

I had written down everything that happened between us in the past week, in notes. Now it was time to start writing the actual story. I sat there for two hours and I managed to type three full chapters, edited and tweaked to what I thought was as close to perfect as I could get. After writing for a long time, I decided to text Amy and update her on my progress. I got halfway through typing my message when I remembered last night's events. 

Her jealousy. Her yelling at me in the car. Her annoyance that I had gotten a guy and she hadn't.

Amy was a very confusing character. She never showed any signs of her feelings until one thing sets it off and she pours everything out to me, causing an argument. A few days later she would usually  feel guilty and apologize. Then we would have a heart to heart and sort out the issue. Usually this occurred once in approximately two months. I, being the stubborn woman I am, was never the one to apologize. but then again, I was never the one to start the argument in the first place. She was the one with issues expressing her thoughts and feelings to me, so she was the one who always lost control and shouted at me about things that weren't my fault. 

Because of this, I decided to just message on the group chat instead. Amy could reply or not; it wouldn't make any difference to me. 

Author's note: So hi guys! My updates haven't been as frequent recently but I've been busy so I didn't have time to write. I don't really know how to feel about the argument between Natalie and Amy but I felt the need to add some girl drama!!

saskiacunninghamxo I hope you don't mind me naming Natalie's sister after you. After all, you are my biggest supporter in this book :)