Forty Four

A week had passed since my family dinner. I'd spent my week in quite an anti-social manner. I had been quite secluded recently, but I wanted to be secluded. If I didn't want to stay home, I would go out and socialize.

My mum and Saskia had ended up asking Ian a few more questions such as:

'How dedicated are you to Natalie?'

'Are there any other girls that you think are as beautiful as her?'

Etc etc..

He answered nicely to all of the questions so they eventually gave up, reassured by the fact that paparazzi would capture anything......inappropriate that he could be getting up to.

I'd also been putting off talking to Amy. She hadn't reached out to me yet. Usually she would do that when she was ready to talk, so I was scared to chat to her in case she didn't want to.

Saskia came over on Friday and we watched a few chick flicks with ice cream. I know it sounds like something people do after heartbreak but we do it all the time, no matter what is going on in our lives. She ended up staying over and leaving for work early the next day.

 Apart from that, I hadn't done much that week except writing my book and texting Ian. I managed to write eighteen chapters. Even though they were all really long and descriptive, I'd only gotten to the part when we share our first kiss. 

Don't judge! I have a lot of thoughts.

Because of my anti-social behavior, I was surprised to here my doorbell ringing the next Tuesday. 

Ding! Dong!

'Hmm..' I thought to myself. 'I didn't order pizza today.'

Confused as to who would be at my door at 7pm on a Tuesday evening, I plodded down the hall and stopped in front of the door. 

Suddenly, thoughts of serial killers and psychopaths entered my brain, causing me to hesitate. 

What if someone wants to kidnap me? No one made plans to come over. What if it's a prank? No one important ever rings the doorbell anyways.

Ding! Dong!

If it was a serial killer, they wouldn't ring twice. They would break the door down. 

I pushed my thoughts aside in a moment of bravery and swung open the door. 

My jaw dropped in surprise. I was stood there like an idiot, utterly dumbfounded by what I saw before me. 

I'll tell you one thing; it was far from what I was expecting. 

A/N: Sorry it's a short chapter. I just wanted something to fill the gap and prepare you for the next chapter.

What could be at the door? A murderer? Amy? Ian? Something else?

You'll find out soon enough :)