Thirty Six

"Wow!" Amy breathed, amazed at what she saw before her. I grinned, knowing I'd made the right choice in bringing her here.

"I know, right." I copied her tone.

"How did you know this place existed?" she questioned.

"They use it in, like, all of the films." I said matter of factly.

She chuckled, "Oh, yeah."

We were sat on the bonnet of our rental car, looking out at the view of LA. The cliff wasn't difficult to find, so I decided to spend a nice ten minutes sat there, enjoying the scenery. The sweet silence was interrupted by Amy's voice.

"Natalie?"

"Yeah?"

"How are you going to be able to keep up the long distance relationship?"

I sat, silently thinking for a moment. "Well I'll find out if he gets up to anything. The paparazzi are quite informative."

Amy giggled. "How do you think everyone at home is going to react?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I know your parents. They aren't gonna be happy with you going abroad for one week and coming home with a celebrity boyfriend."

"They'll have to deal with it."

When Amy's eyes widened, I continued. "I'm going to be twenty six in three months. They have to deal with my decisions."

Amy nodded in understanding. "If my mum was here she'd probably flip out on you too."

I smiled warmly. "I'm sure she would. I was always like a second daughter in your house." 

Amy sighed. "Dad and I still have no idea why she would've left. She seemed so happy, until that day."

I immediately pulled Amy into a tight hug. All she needed was comfort where her mother was involved. Ten years ago she'd left her family to chase another man. No one ever found out why. She just decided, one day, that she wanted to leave. I was there with Amy throughout the entire thing. It hurt me as well (obviously not as much as Amy) because I had always been close to Amy's mother. But, life goes on and we learned to just forget everything that happened. We only spoke of her occasionally. Today was one of those occasions and I had to be there for Amy. 

After five minutes of hugging, Amy sat up and gestured to the view.

"Thanks for bringing us here." she said. "We should probably head back now, though. Don't want to be late." she wiped away her last tears and slipped into the passenger seat. I nodded and got in next to her. 

Then we drove back down the cliff; to what I was dreading the most. Goodbyes.

Author's note: Sorry for not updating in a while, I've been quite busy recently. On Sunday I had to go to my cousin's birthday party (I love them. Those parties make me feel like a little kid again lol) then yesterday I went to the beach and to a festival in my town so I couldn't update. I hope you had a good few days! I probably won't update again today because I'm going out with my friend.