Thirty

Ian ordered room service for the two of us. He didn't let me choose my meal because it was a 'surprise'! Little did he know I was very picky with food. 

"Today I'm going to let you choose what we watch." he stated, scrolling through the various films on the TV.

"Hm," I said, studying every one as he scrolled past them, "That one!" I all but yelled as the screen settled on 'High School Musical'.

"Seriously?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh I'm deadly serious. I have the entire High School Musical album on my phone. You're in for a treat." I replied.

Ian chuckled "Okay then."

He selected the film and we sat down to watch it. I sang along to all of the songs, knowing them off by heart. Ian tried, but he wasn't as experienced as I was.

Soon, the room service arrived. It was halfway through 'Get'cha head in the game' so I refused to get up from my seat. Ian went to answer the door and returned with a large bowl full of......Chocolate Fudge Cake and Vanilla Ice cream!

"Oh my gosh! Thank you!" I jumped up, hugging him and grabbing the bowl from his clutches. I ate it within five minutes. It wasn't even a proper lunch but it was amazing all the same.

"Did you speak to Amy?" I asked, gesturing towards my empty bowl.

"Maybe." he replied sheepishly.

"That's amazing. I'm glad you two are becoming really good friends." I said, beaming up at him.

"Yeah, you're lucky to have such a good best friend. And she's lucky to have an even better best friend!" Ian's words made me blush. I giggled and kissed his cheek, before getting back to the film and singing along once again. 

*Ian's POV*

Natalie ended up convincing me to watch all three High School Musical movies. They were actually relatively entertaining. I'd met a few of the cast before so it was interesting to see them so young in the movies. Natalie was so distracted by singing and enjoying the movies, I couldn't find an appropriate time to ask her. 

Eventually, the three movies ended and we lay on the couch in silence. I could hear Natalie's deep breathing against my neck as she cuddled up to me. It was around 7pm by now, and this seemed to be the only opportunity I'd get to ask her before she went home at midday tomorrow. 

"Natalie? Can I ask you something?" I whispered softly.

"Uh huh" she mumbled back. 

I sighed and wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"Will you be my-" I was cut off by her light snores. She'd fallen asleep. I was too late.