Visit to the Bank

Snape and Potter made it back to their quarters after dinner without anything happening. "Do you think the old coot will try something tonight, he was to quiet at dinner." Potter asked.

"I am not sure, he seemed to be thinking about a few different things, I saw just few flashes, he was working on something to do with that marriage contract, also something about you taking control over the Mutt, trying to force the issue." Snape told him.

"Won't happen. I can turn Black over to the Vampire Council if that is what he wants, but I am not taking that deranged flea-bitten Dumbledore loving fool under my wing. I, also think, because is he only half vampire, as a living vampire I don't even have to turn him over to the Council, the Ministry can, if they select to, but I have no responsibility towards him, since he attacked us in our nest." Potter told him. "The marriage contract, I want to see him try. He will find out what will happen if he tries that mess."

Snape looked at him "you know something about the contract, don't you?"

"Yes, but don't want to give away all our fun, it will be a huge surprise I guarantee you." Potter grinned at him. "I saw him thinking about using the Ministry and change a law regarding the control of vampires. Sadly for him, that won't work either."

"Partly because of the Treaty?" Snape asked.

Potter grinned at him, "partly but you see, after tonight I am going to be revoking all of my proxy seats. That will change the Wizengamot. We know there are 50 members on the Wizengamot, but people assume that everyone has one or two seats, with the Chief getting an extra one to break any ties, he can only use the extra for tie breaking and only after three failed votes to break the tie. It rarely makes it that far. Now the interesting part is that, if you don't pay attention to the Wizengamot you won't realize that there is actually a 150 seats. Now the key to this is that of those 150 seats, a lot of them are dead because of lines dying out." He paused "what people don't realize is there is a reason why Gringotts offers to do Inheritance Testing, it's to bring those dead lines back. Now when I did the test, everyone assumed that Lily was a muggle born, and that my dad's father was a muggle. They were all wrong, they came from the dead squib lines. So when I took my Inheritance Test not only do I get all the Potter, Black, Rosely, Gaunt, Peverell and well you get the idea, I get over 10 lines that people thought were dead, Potter and Black are active because of Dumbledore, which I will claim back tonight. The other 10 are sitting dead. Now that makes me the Lord with the most titles." Potter grinned at him.

"So how many seats does that give you?" Snape asked.

"Of the 150, 78 are actively voted on, 6 of those are Potter-Black. I have a total of 58 seats with those 6. The founders were guaranteed 10 each, I have all four founders Lordships." Potter informed him.

Snape didn't answer him for a few minutes, he was in shock. He blinked a few times and looked at Potter "your living vampire status how does that change things?"

"I get to add the Tepes line now, I don't know how many seats that is, but basically I am in control of the Wizengamot."

"Without the Tepes seats that will leave 92 that are open. How do you control the Wizengamot?" Snape asked.

"There are only 78 active, 72 that aren't mine, of that 72, Lucius has 4, Yaxley has 4, Dumbledore has, I said has only 4 with an extra for tie breaking, most of the others have 2 or 3 a piece, most of it light side because people are afraid of Dumbledore and his revenge. The solid number of dark votes is 36, which is why we sometimes have a good debate, now you add those 36 and my 58, we become the majority. We will add the Tepes line in to those numbers. I am also wondering what dead lines I might pick up from the Tepes line too, we might gain more than just a few more votes." Potter informed him.