Funeral

Thursday (week 5)

I totally edited the whole first 45 chapt over on AOW. Fixed a lot of grammar errors, filled in some of the other areas, fluffed it a bit. Most won't even notice a change. I will do it here also soon.

Everyone was sitting in the Great Hall, listening to Minister Fudge give the memorial of Albus Dumbledore. There were a variety of members from the Ministry, Wizenagamot, Diplomatic Corps, and regular wizards in attendance. They would be burying the man later today.  
The Dark Lord had pulled Mad-Eye aside earlier in the morning and explained what they learned about the marks and asked him if there was any way he could tell if anyone had the marks Bode used. They showed him the marks they had found. Mad-Eye was eager to help, he had felt useless since Missing Cheese wasn't around any longer to use him.

Minerva had arranged for the Aurors, they trusted, to be in the Great Hall, and Potter was sitting in his chair, with Snape and Lucius by him. Potter was watching Mad-Eye walk around the room, but he was mumbling quietly, so only the vampires could him. "I see a few people who have the marks. The magic isn't dark like you would associate with the dark mark, but it's not light either." Mad-Eye commented. "No students, so far."

The Dark Lord had already arranged for Mad-Eye to have a vampire follow him so that the vampire could make a note of names and descriptions. "Merlin!" Mad-Eye stated. He was currently standing behind Fudge, facing the main doors to the Great Hall. Fudge was standing on the raised platform, in the middle, where Dumbledore's chair used to be.

Everyone looked at the man, he looked embarrassed and moved behind the Dark Lord. "You were right. Fudge has one. One his lower back." He wasn't expecting that. "It's a goose."

The Dark Lord exchanged a look with Rosely. They were wondering what game Fudge was playing. The man certainly appeared surprised and confused by all they had presented, but it also explained a few things. Like how Bode knew they were going to arrest him, the times the vampire guards changed, but also confused them. Why didn't Fudge warn him about Dearborn? Why didn't Fudge stop them from arresting Bode? Fudge had to be a pawn.

They listened to numerous politicians make their speeches, with Mad-Eye still standing behind the speakers. After two hours of speeches, it was being wrapped up.

"Those who wish to attend the graveside services of Albus Dumbledore, please follow the Aurors, who will see everyone arrives safely at Godric's Hollow if you don't know the way." Fudge instructed.

Soon everyone was heading out of the Great Hall, except for a few who were lingering. Potter got up and sat by his father. "Dad, I don't think Fudge is that high ranking. It would explain his lack of knowledge. He is a pawn like Trashy was."

"I was just thinking that. I am going to be speaking to Amelia afterward. I heard back from Charlie. He said that Darren and his two brothers, three cousins, two aunts and five or six uncles want to remove Bode from the family tree. I want to see if Amelia would allow it to happen in front of Bode."

"It would fit with his own idea of revenge." Rosely commented.

"Umbridge too." The Dark Lord added. "According to Darren, her family has been wanting to disown her for a long time. So as soon as they remove Bode, both sides of her family are going to remove her."

"Couldn't happen to a nicer toad." Potter responded.

"We need to attend the funeral. So we better get going." Lucius stated. He really didn't want to attend, but he agreed with the Dark Lord and Minerva, as a member of the Wizenagamot and a Lord, he needed to attend. "I will be back as soon as I can."