Lab and No Sleep for the Good Guys

Summary:

Wednesday night, Thursday morning

Notes:

Nicknames:

Nasty Master-Sirius
Fleabag/Wolfie-Remus
Screeches-Molly
Missing Cheese Dumbledore
Trashy-Ginny
Master Vampy-Harry
Master Smells-Snape
Master Blondie-Lucius
Darkness-Dark Lord
Grampy Vampy-Rosely
Dead Guys-Radu and Vlad
Cat-Minerva
Gobby-Filius
Meddy witchy-Poppy
Idiot Place (or Idiot anything)-Ministry or Minister
Red hair menace (also Moron Twin)-Ron Weasley
Stupid One (also Moron Twin)-Hermione
Quill Lover-Umbridge
Fruit Loop-Moody
Can't Decide-Tonks
Quiet No Speak-Bode the Unspeakable

Chapter Text

Lucius was leaning against the bench in the lab watching Snape and Potter work. "I need some of the venom you added to our marks." Snape tells him, holding up a vial.

Potter's fangs come out and he takes the vial and puts it up to his fangs. He switches vials and they see a different venom emerge. "I think there is a poison, give me a cauldron, I want to lean over it, I don't want to take a chance of one of us touching it."

Snape pulls down a pewter cauldron and puts it on the table. Potter leans over the cauldron and they see a thick, almost black venom come out of his fangs and land in the cauldron. "Yes, I would say that is poison." Snape says as they see it start to eat through some of the enamel of the cauldron. "Anything else?"

"No, unless you want to go back to bed and see what else we can discover about my abilities?" Potter leans forward and gives him a kiss.

"As enjoyable as that sounds, I want us to work on this." Snape tells them. "Lucius pass me the silver cauldron, I want to see if we can at least get one venom worked out."

They spend the next two hours working on the venom and as they are about to try adding some Bundimun Secretion, Lucius stills his hand "Severus, look at the venom, it's changing." They peer into the silver cauldron and see that instead of being clear it's now turning black. "This is the venom that was injected into us, why is it turning black?"

"It's dissolving, from exposure." Snape tells them. "We are going to need more to experiment with, but now we know we have two hours before it breaks down." Snape uses a stirrer to take a sample of the breakdown. He puts the residue into another vial.

"Do you think if we add a preservation Charm we can do more research on it?" Potter asks looking at the blackening venom.

"No, it's already breaking down, if we add any magic I think it will dissolve all of it." Snape tells him. "We have that sample and can work on it."

"We are going to need to make more of the Cough Potion for more testing." Lucius tells them.

"Let's work on getting this list down that Poppy gave me, we can do more testing later." Snape tells them and they all set to working on the Poppy's list and their own.

It's near midnight when Lucius yawns "we need to head to bed, it's going to be a long day tomorrow."

"Just need to finish this one, it will take about ten more minutes, if you start cleaning up, we can be done in about thirty minutes." Snape tells them. He watches Potter start to scrub cauldrons. He had been surprised at how clean he could get them but after hearing about his relatives, he knew why. He touches Potter "you know, it's not automatically your job to clean them."

"I know, but it needs to be done." Potter tells him "besides, I still want to learn some of the potions we never covered in class, so I figure I can bribe you into them later."