OUTTAKE 4

NOTES: Grandparents, Great-Grandparents, and Parents

These outtakes are not in any order, they just come and visit me and I write them.

"Jerome?" Severus asked as he sat down next to his great-grandson, who was looking miserable. He had spent the day over at George Weasley house before he flooed back to Hogwarts. He was outside sitting on a bench and Severus could tell he had been thinking about something very seriously. Harry, Lucius and him were watching Jerome and his sister Amber while their parents took their great grandparents, Draco and Astoria, to Paris for the anniversary.

"Grandpa Severus, can I ask you something?" Jerome looked almost exactly like his great-grandfather Draco, the exception was the eyes. He had his mother's deep brown eyes.

"You know you can ask me anything." Severus told the boy. He knew it had to be serious since Jerome wasn't his usual carefree self. He still couldn't get over the fact that Julian Malfoy had married a Weasley, granted it was a child from the normal Weasley, but still.

"Am I going to turn into a monster?"

Severus quickly recovered from the shock of those words as he asked. "Why would you think you are going to turn into a monster?"

"Sammy Weasley told me that his grandmother said that Grandpa Harry is a creature so therefore you and Grandpa Lucius are ones, and that means I will be one." Jerome replied.

"Is that a bad thing?" Severus asked. It figured it was because of one of Ginny's grandchildren that Jerome was upset about something.

"I don't know. Grandpa Harry is a living vampire and I know he loves us, but I don't know what you and Grandpa Lucius are."

"Well, Grandpa Lucius and I are just plain wizards. We don't have any creature blood in us. Now you know Grandpa Harry is Grandpa Marvolo's son?"

"Yes, and he isn't a vampire or a living one, but Grandpa Vlad is." Jerome answered.

"That is correct. Now do you remember us explaining about mates?"

"Yes, you explained it when you tell the story of how Grandpa Harry claimed you and Grandpa Lucius, it's also in the history books." Jerome smiled, he knew that story and he was proud of his family playing a huge part in saving their world from the mean man, Missing Cheese, and some idiot name Bode.

"Well, living vampires or really any creature doesn't always select another creature for their mates. Now, you also know that Grandpa Lucius is Grandpa Draco's father and his mother was Narcissa. They weren't creatures, so that is why your Grandpa Draco isn't one, and you won't be one either."

"That bites." Jerome finally answered as he thought about what Severus had told him, at Severus' confused face he continued "Fabian Weasley told me I might be a creature since Grandpa Harry is my Grandpa, but Sammy said I was going to be a monster. Monsters are mean, creatures aren't, and I wouldn't mind being a creature like Grandpa Harry, he protects us with the rest of the vampires."

"Yes, they do protect us and no being a creature isn't a bad thing, but people get monsters confused with creatures. Who do you think is a monster?"

"I am not sure, if I go by what Grandpa Lucius and Grandpa Marvolo said in their classes anyone can be a monster because we all can do things like Missing Cheese, things that are evil. Not all creatures are evil, just like all creatures aren't good, like all wizards aren't all good nor are they all evil." Jerome answered, and before Severus could say anything he added, "like how you explained about dark versus evil, I get it."

"I think that is an excellent answer." Severus answered. "If Sammy says anything like that to you again, you just smile and tell him to read the history books, because that tells the truth." Sammy Weasley was the great grandson of Ginny Weasley and Sirius Weasley and was just as annoying as Sirius Weasley was. He liked his pranks and Severus thought he looked like Sirius, but with red Weasley hair.